Excersize on a VLCD? Good or bad

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by TIFFERS, 17 April 2008 Social URL.

1. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Im on a 'Very low calorie diet' and I would like to get in to doing about 20-60 mins brisk walking per day - does anyone know if this is recommended as I'm only on about 411 cals per day.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Walking will be fine. Avoid anything more strenuous, or anything involving lifting weights. If you find you're getting lightheaded or weak on your walks, then slow down or reduce the distance. BUt if you feel fine, then enjoy! A great way to lose weight and get fit.

4. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Brilliant thanks! Your Avator just reminded me I do more than walking as I ride horses for the local horse dealer - how strenuous is an hours schooling and a few stables mucked out?

5. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Before LL I didn't do anything.... about 2 months ago I started going to the gym and am now doing weight training in addition to some short bursts of cardio... I go three times a week and each session is around an hour... I think as long as you drink alot of water, and 'know your body' in the sense that, if u feel lightheaded, you stop! Then you'll be fine. Good luck :)

6. ast

ast Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I agree with Lighterlifeclaire as long as you listen to your body and drink a lot of water you should be fine.

7. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    I find brisk walking gives me energy...but on 411 cals a day, I would think your work load alone is enough for now.

8. eng123

eng123 Member

Diet:
    WW Core and Intuitive Eating
    Isn't that many calories too low? I would rather have more calories and be able to enjoy doing the exercise.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.