Excersize on a VLCD? Good or bad

TIFFERS

Im on a 'Very low calorie diet' and I would like to get in to doing about 20-60 mins brisk walking per day - does anyone know if this is recommended as I'm only on about 411 cals per day.

Walking will be fine. Avoid anything more strenuous, or anything involving lifting weights. If you find you're getting lightheaded or weak on your walks, then slow down or reduce the distance. BUt if you feel fine, then enjoy! A great way to lose weight and get fit.

Brilliant thanks! Your Avator just reminded me I do more than walking as I ride horses for the local horse dealer - how strenuous is an hours schooling and a few stables mucked out?

Before LL I didn't do anything.... about 2 months ago I started going to the gym and am now doing weight training in addition to some short bursts of cardio... I go three times a week and each session is around an hour... I think as long as you drink alot of water, and 'know your body' in the sense that, if u feel lightheaded, you stop! Then you'll be fine. Good luck :)

I agree with Lighterlifeclaire as long as you listen to your body and drink a lot of water you should be fine.

I find brisk walking gives me energy...but on 411 cals a day, I would think your work load alone is enough for now.

Isn't that many calories too low? I would rather have more calories and be able to enjoy doing the exercise.

Back