Extra Easy Excess Skin after weight loss?

kaz3804 said:
8.5st bloody hell that's amazing! Well done! I think its the tv programmes that scare me thinking i'll end up like that! But hey Ho, if I can fit in fashionable clothes and run around with my kids that's good enough! And I can always get the hubby to start saving for tummy tuck for my 40th! (i wish!) K

Thank you! Yes, some of the people you see on programmes have really bad problems, but mine isn't like that at all, just wobbly and wrinkly (I know, sounds lovely, lol). But I am 51 as well, so I don't expect to look like a spring chicken! Speed of losses is definitely a factor - mine's taken two years so far, so pretty steady. :) xx

gazter said:
Ive lost nine stone, i have a bit of a loose flabby belly, the way a woman who has given birth might have. If i get on all fours, and gravity does its work it looks quite loose, but standing up its really pretty much ok.

I dont think there is really much you can do, some people seem to have elastic skin that snaps back, and some dont.

Lol, like the description of your belly - as a woman who has given birth and now also lost 8.5 stone, I've got a double whammy! How long has it taken you to lose 9st? :) xx

I have lost 5st 11lb since October 2012 and I have to say that I do look a bit like a deflated balloon! However I am 65 and I don't spring back quite as much as the youngsters do. My daughter who is 36 has lost almost as much as me and she looks absolutely fine.

The only place I feel a bit self-conscious about is my upper arms, but I even get those out when the weather is as nice as it is at the moment. I always say that I have to pay a small price for allowing myself to gain that much weight in the first place! A year ago I bought a mobility scooter because I couldn't walk very far. Now I walk everywhere and even go to exercise classes at the gym. I am feeling so much healthier and fitter and look so much better in my clothes, that it really has been worth it.

A bit of wrinkly skin is such a small price to pay for getting my life back :D

Last edited:
Gallifreya said:
I have lost 5st 11lb since October 2012 and I have to say that I do look a bit like a deflated balloon! However I am 65 and I don't spring back quite as much as the youngsters do. My daughter who is 36 has lost almost as much as me and she looks absolutely fine.

The only place I feel a bit self-conscious about is my upper arms, but I even get those out when the weather is as nice as it is at the moment. I always say that I have to pay a small price for allowing myself to gain that much weight in the first place! A year ago I bought a mobility scooter because I couldn't walk very far. Now I walk everywhere and even go to exercise classes at the gym. I am feeling so much healthier and fitter and look so much better in my clothes, that it really has been worth it.

A bit of wrinkly skin is such a small price to pay for getting my life back :D

Definitely! It really is a small price to pay. My arms are the worst part too, I would never show them to anyone, lol. :) xx

I'm 30 and have lost almost 5 stone, with no exercise just slimming world. Agree that that losing it gradually seems to have been a bit kinder. I've got bingo wings & some crepey skin on my stomach but I don't mind at all. Just starting at the gym to see if I can work on the arms & stomach. Have quite a few old stretch marks but they will fade with time. Nothing that a bit of good dressing won't fix. Small price to pay for getting my life & confidence back :)

Lol, like the description of your belly - as a woman who has given birth and now also lost 8.5 stone, I've got a double whammy! How long has it taken you to lose 9st? :) xx

No loose skin on the arms:
IMG_2441.JPG

And a mini muffin top on my waist.

IMG_2444.jpg

From 21st9 to 12st9 in twelve months and no skin oils used.

I've lost 7 stone & I am pleased that I have not got a lot of loose skin as I am 66 & as others say the younger you are the better! I have taken to using the bike, aquatone & walking a lot more.
Pete

I think it all depends on your age, and the elasticity of your skin. I lost 8 stones a few years ago and needed a tummy tuck as my skin was still a size 26 and I was a 16. But Im over 60 so its not suprising. I think younger people have more chance of the skin springing back into place.

Back