Excess Skin

Discussion in 'Exante' started by GoGetter, 19 July 2010 Social URL.

1. GoGetter

GoGetter Member

Hello, im starting the diet today and have around 7 stone to lose :cry: im really concerned about excess skin when start losing weight and reach my goal, is there anything i can do to stop me from getting saggy bits or is it beyond my control?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. markanderl

markanderl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I am no expert in this area but I would imagine it depends on how big you are and how old you are. The older you get the more the skin loses its elastisity (excuse the spelling) and as for how big you are, the bigger you are the more skin you will have that cannot go back to normal.

If you are still young and not so big then all should be ok but exersising helps.

4. GoGetter

GoGetter Member

Thanks for your reply, that makes a lot of sense. im 27 with about 7 stone to lose (currently 17 stone) - ouch

5. markanderl

markanderl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, you should be fine then, you might have a bit of excess skin but nothing major I would have thought, but again I am no expert.

Have you done a diet like this before?

6. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi,
    I'm 27 lost around 4 stone so far and i hae no sagging skin at all phew !! ( must admit boobs have lost the fullness but i dont mind that),
    the only exercise i did was walking walking and more walking, also i did do 100-200 sit ups really need to start those again, so not sure if it helped or i am lucky or just young enough for it to bounce back,

don't let it worry you too much x
    good luck with your journey
    S x

7. calligas

calligas is slowly shrinking

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.22%)
    Diet:
    exante
    well i have not noticed any on me as yet, take each day as it comes, and goodluck.

8. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    I hate to say it but I'm 21 years old and half gone from 19 stone to just under 11 and a half and have noticed sagging skin :(

BUT think about how long it's taken to put all the weight on and then for it all to come off again, it's going to take that long again for skin to go back to normal... plus, I think it's better to just have a healthy weight and a slimmer figure with saggy skin, rather than be overweight :)

9. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

I dont know what i think on that. Im losing weight for health reasons.....i am happy with the way i look naked, i wear nice clothes....but being morbidly bese isnt healthy and i now have a 2 yr old to think about. I reckoned id be happier as i am, than be thin but with saggy skin. I exercise a lot just now, and i hope that works for me....cos if not i could be less happy after the weight is gone than i am now xx

10. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Some people are lucky and bounce back into shape and some eople aret so lucky just focus on loseing weight and toneing when you have lost the weight and you do have saggy skin then talk to your doctor im sure they can help you but done let it get you down x

11. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    Oh yes I agree, I didn't mean being slim at the expense of being unhappy with your body, but I mean being a healthy weight with saggy skin is better than being overweight with unsaggy skin but potential health problems, that's what I meant :)

12. calligas

calligas is slowly shrinking

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.22%)
    Diet:
    exante
    just aim for yr goals and take it from there, u r young yet, i am sure all will work out in the end.

13. fraggle290581

fraggle290581 Banned

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Try some Bio Oil. It's brilliant. My friend used it through her pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks which is probably a much more rapid gain and loss than any diet. I use it too now and it has massively increased the elasticity of my skin and improved the appearance of the stretch marks I did have from gaining the weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.