Excess Skin

Hey all,

I'm jut starting the weight watchers diet and haves fair bit of weight to shift.

I weigh 19.7 stone and I have quite a bit of overhang!! My chest and stomach both hang down rather then stick out.

My worry is that if I do loose a lot of weight then I'm going to have tonnes of excess skin just left dangling!!

Has anyone lost a substantial amount of weight(6+ Stone) and did you suffer from excess skin?

Any ideas on how to combat it?

I haven't experienced this but just wanted to say if u do lots of exercise whilst loosing the weight u should b able to reduce the amount of loose skin!

hi there - i found a link which talks about this subject....i hope its of some help to you x

The Myth of Loose Skin

I lost 6 st with CWP 2 years ago over about 8 months, the only bit of overhang I had was on my tummy but I had a baby not even a year before. I went from 18st to 12ish

This is something I am more concerned about with now having had 2 babies, but WW is a slow(er) weightloss plan, the skin with shrink with you.

What I found was The Firminator from Soap & Glory. Fab stuff!

I started off 18st6.5 lbs I am now in the 11's lost over7st in a year with ww I was dreading excess skin, I am not too bad tbh my tummy hangs a bit and I do hate it but it was like that b4 I lost the weight just much heavier my boobs have shrank and dropped but nothing that a good bra doesn't sort my arms are fine look slim and starting to tone up now, I will prob have a tummy tuck once I get to goal but that's more to do with self confidence, I look ok with clothes on lol no contest really compared to what I looked like at my heaviest. I did freak in the summer when I started noticing skin around my boobs and neck wrinkling but it is fine now as the skin seems to have shrunk as well, I found a good moisturiser and drinking lots of water daily defiantly helped xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

as the website that was quoted says, there's no such thing as "loose skin". What is referred to as loose skin is in reality fat, hanging off your body because there's not enough muscle to hang up to. I have been at goal for nearly 2 years. I started off maintenance with a fair bit of fat hanging off my tummy and bingo wings. Now, after a bit more than 1 and a half years (with holidays, including a 5 week one around Europe for my honeymoon! and Xmas in between), the fat on my tummy has visibly reduced, there's not that much left of it at all, nearly a flat tummy :). Also, my arms have improved their tone as well and although I still have *some* amount of bingo wings, they are almost disappeared. I'm sure that if I keep on doing what I'm doing, exercise 6 days a week and follow the maintenance plan, in the end I won't have any more fat hanging off me...

Purpleangel said:
hi there - i found a link which talks about this subject....i hope its of some help to you x

The Myth of Loose Skin

I've seen this article before. It gives me hope thar if i work a little bit harder i can prevwnt this from happening.

Plus if it is rubbish the advice to exercise more isn't going to doe any harm ;)

I've found that palmers firming cocoa butter works really well if you do get any loose skin. I've been using it as I've been losing my baby weight and found it's helped. :)

After speaking with a couple of close friends I have bravely decided to post a photo in my album of me in my jogging pants & sports bra after a gym session so maybe that will give u an idea of what to expect after a big loss,obviously not everyone body/weight losses, skin elasticity is the same, so others may have better/worse results
(sorry in advance if the photo grosses anyone out) I am finding it is all starting to tone up and my friends assure me it's not half as bad as I see it, hmmmm maybe not but I think we all see our selves differently to how others see us

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back