Excessive sleeping

Kiika

Anyone had a problem with this on the S&S plan? I am sleeping so much more than I used to before starting the plan, and im shattered all the way through the morning too. I perk up a bit in the afternoon but when I get home I'll fall asleep then go to bed early and sleep until late in the morning.

Could it be because my body is trying to conserve energy??

I have a very different problem. Since starting meal replacement I find it impossible to sleep through the night. I get up half way through then either lie in bed for hours before drifting off again, or just can't get back to sleep at all. :(

When I started, I did need more sleep than I was used to, and did take a few late afternoon naps as I was adjusting. And I do have some days now where I feel low on energy, but I think the sleep thing is partly to blame.

I know they mention you may need less sleep on the S&S website. So I suppose that must be quite common. Do you remember when you stopped sleeping through? I'm on day 10 now, was it after that?

Not that I want to be awake all night, but it's good to prepare in case that happens! :)

It's hard to say. I was on a different plan to S&S at the time, but it was probably around two and a half weeks in, and since then for the last 2 weeks.

I think I may have to have a mosey on over to boots for some night nurse or something. I do like my sleep. I feel a little envious of you with your extra hours.

My sleep patterns were broken to begin with, but after about 3 weeks, I got my 'ketosis' sleep (well that's what I call it). It's as though I'm unconscious or under anaesthetic. Totally gone, deep, deep sleep all night until the alarm. I do still get tired in the evening.

It's great, although I am more concerned when I'm on my own in case of fire or burglary. The good news is that I am much more alert when I wake now, which could be down to the lack of cr*p in my system too.

RaeB said:
My sleep patterns were broken to begin with, but after about 3 weeks, I got my 'ketosis' sleep (well that's what I call it). It's as though I'm unconscious or under anaesthetic. Totally gone, deep, deep sleep all night until the alarm. I do still get tired in the evening.

It's great, although I am more concerned when I'm on my own in case of fire or burglary. The good news is that I am much more alert when I wake now, which could be down to the lack of cr*p in my system too.

Hopefully this I me then and I will perk up in the days soon! It does take a lot to wake me over the last week or so! Even my kittens can't wake me by pulling on my hair or jumpin all over me! LOL :D

I used to be a very light sleeper. Weird.

Oooooh me tooooooo! I literaly in the first couple of weeks could have slept for ever! Bit better now but still have a few lie ins! As above though I'm not sleepy during the day so I guess its a better quality sleep!

I'm the opposite - I have to force myself to go to bed as I'm just not really tired, and find that I need less sleep than before. I reckon I was in some sort of carb induced stupor before.

I feel way more tired since starting and I am in week 8, perhaps it's the running around and being in my feet all day that makes me so tired in the afternoon but I'm sure others have the same lifestyle too and are fine. I'm not really concerned about it but feel bad when all I want to do is sleep all the time LOL!

Back