Excuses for not eating

Butterflygirl

Im going to a friend's wedding on 6th October (just realised Hubby isn't invited as she is only inviting her fellow "Mummy" friends, and husbands can come in the evening)

I wont have someone there to help me out with my plate .....

I don't want to look rude and ungrateful, but I dont want to refeed that soon really.

What on earth can I say to the other "nosy" mums on the table

Well I would just say on the day that you've had a tummy bug for a few days before and you're still very concerned about eating so you're just sticking to water and a complan shake to help give you enough energy to get through the day!!!!

You could also say that you've had a few deep fillings and the dentist hit a few nerves so you're mouth is just too painful to eat so you're having a complan meal.

Fabulous ideas! Thank You

Good luck with that one! I'm not sure really. I've managed to cancel everything 'food wise' for the next 6 weeks as I thought it was my only option and I must admit I do tend to eat out a lot so that's been hard.

I'm not much help, however I will be very interested on what you do x

I have my Son's 21st birthday party at my house on Saturday and my Mum is cooking chinese. Her food is the bestest ever in the world so I have a tough job resisting on Saturday but nothing and I mean NOTHING is going to deter me from my ultimate goal of being slim for Christmas. Cheating for just 1 day is going to put me back sooooo much it's just not worth it. This diet is tough enough without cheating and elongating the time I have to spend having these awful shakes so I'm going to stay strong and just enjoy everybody's company on the day.

I have my Son's 21st birthday party at my house on Saturday and my Mum is cooking chinese. Her food is the bestest ever in the world so I have a tough job resisting on Saturday but nothing and I mean NOTHING is going to deter me from my ultimate goal of being slim for Christmas. Cheating for just 1 day is going to put me back sooooo much it's just not worth it. This diet is tough enough without cheating and elongating the time I have to spend having these awful shakes so I'm going to stay strong and just enjoy everybody's company on the day.

I agree with this, it's hard but staying focused is what is going to bring us through.

I'm still cooking for my hubby (god I'm a dreadful cook too, hence we eat out a lot) and that is so hard but in my head it's only for 8 weeks...what's 8 weeks in the big picture.

I think you are both brave going into these situations. I have a night out next week, but no food and I'm driving so sparkling water will be fine (even though I love my red wine!).

xx

I am soooo fed up of making excuses not to eat!!!! I started on a ridiculous week, I had a wedding with pre wedding dinner invites and a birthday party. and the week after my parents came round for the weekend and I had a tea party invite that weekend, this is third week and i've got another wedding and goign out to a comedy club tonight, next weekend another wedding (I'm asian - we get alot of wedding invites) and the week after my cousin is coming to syat for 4 weeks!! I contemplated starting after all of these shenanigans were finished but I felt sooooo poo about my weight that I got to a point where I was like I need to do something now!!! I'm not waiting! IT's only been shy of three weeks and I can really feel it in my clothes. my second week weigh in I'd lost 13lbs in total.

I've madwe excuses like - I might have IBS so doctor has asked me to cut everything out to check and I've been really poorly so need to make sure I don't eat stuff that may make it worse
I am lactose intolerant (mildly) so use that excuse alot, Apart from that I really struggle and I keep gettting 'forced' to eat, I don't wany any of my inlaws to know what Im doing!! Ohh god I can imagne the reaction, so at these weddings where they are usually there I have no choice but to eat, I'll just pick at food and make it look live ive eaten when ive not and eat really slowly, I'll try go for the high protein stuff so last night I just had a few chicken pieced from the curry and naan! What can you do? refuse? Its just to embarrasing and then just get bback on track. I have tried really really ahrd to make up loads of excuses not to eat so love the suggestiosn above!

Just dont be so harsh on ure self and get back on track the very next day!!!

Back