Exercise Advice

Bex999

Before starting LL (which was only 3 days ago!) I was quite fit. I used to go kickboxing a couple of times a week and spinning class but I have not done anything since starting. I am a bit worried about doing high impact classes on a small amount of calories. Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Thanks

Hi Bex

My advice is not to do it .... your body cannot cope with that kind of activity on such a low amount of calories. I was told to avoid any kind of cardio so just had to stick to walking.

To be honest I think your body would tell you that its not possible anyway ... even cycling during abstinence was too much for me and took me a couple of days to recover. I have slowly built up my excercise since starting RTM and now (in week 11 of RTM) I can do whatever excercise I want and feel fine.

It may be frustrating for you for a while but please take it easy and listen to your body!

Good luck x

I'd say if you fancy giving it a try, then do so, but give yourself a few weeks on LL before doing so to give your body a chance to adjust.

Everyone is different; some people find that any additonal exercise is too much, some find it fine. I go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week and do some very intense workouts, and I cope fine with it!

The key thing is, listen to your body; if it tells you it's had enough, then stop.

Hi Bex,

I did a walking holiday for 1 week while on it. We walked 12 miles per day and I was fine. I know 12 miles may not sound much to serious walkers but it was a lot for me. As has been said before, listen to your body and you will be fine. :D

I was reasonably fit & active before I started LL anyway so I wanted to continue doing something.

I did myself a mischief when I did 10k Race for Life 3 weeks in but I am ok now. I have an exercise bike, I use a Wii fit, we play alot of swing ball and I walk often.

As everyone else says, listen to your body!

Kat xx

You should be fine so long as you listen to your body.
I went to the gym most days before I did LL and I didn't want to get out of the habit of going more than anything. Sometimes I'd just sit in the sauna, other days I'd bike, swim, run or do some weights. It's completely up to you though. I did tend to find the weeks I did more exercise, I actually lost less weight but it's different for everyone. Stopping exercise completely isn't healthy so maintain the bits of your healthy lifestyle from before and just think how much easier it'll be when you're lighter!
Just take it steady and keep up the routine, if not the level activity I'd say...in my humble opinion!!

I'm with Roundrachel on this - I have been gymming most days and didn't want to stop. On the first couple of days I didn't go, but today I went and managed my full programme and felt great. When I did it first time round I didn't do any exercise, but I was a lot bigger and had zero experience of doing anything regularly...

I think the general consensus is not to 'up' your exercise, just try and maintain when you feel strong enough. Also, cut down on cardio and concentrate on toning. Light weights, yoga, pilates, swimming etc all good.

A xx

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I will carry on doing low-impact stuff i.e wii-fit and walking until my body adjusts to the calorie level. I don't fancy feeling faint whilst kickboxing lol! I've also noticed that a few people have said they don't lose as much when exercising, has anyone else noticed this?
Thanks again
x

A few people have said on here before that if they do additonal exercise they see their losses slow down a bit. It has happened to me too but as I am doing a muscle-building program I kinda expect it to :p

Hi Bex
I have definitely found I lose less when I exercise more. Bizarre really.

I train with competitive swimmers and have had to drop off the training a bit as although I can cope with the actual sessions, I was finding it would take a couple of days to recover. I'll pick up again when I start RTM.

Back