exercise affecting weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by katoof, 18 March 2011 Social URL.

1. katoof

katoof Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    11st8lb(46.02%)
    Hey everyone,

Ok so as some of you know I have had two disappointing weeks, loosing 1 lb in two weeks. I went through with my C why this may be and she seemed unsure as I have been sticking to plan. A couple of people at group said it may be because I am exercising a lot. I would have thought this should help my loss, its not like I am building up lbs of muscle each week.

my exercise this week was ...
    sunday 1 hr aerobics
    monday 1 hour body step
    tuesday 1 hour body step
    wednesday 30 mins aerobics
    thursday 45 mins body step
    friday 45 mins body step

surely none of these are exactly bulking me out. I am just trying to figure out why my losses seem to have been stopped in their tracks. Any advice gratefully received

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    hiya :) its true that your weight loss can stall for a couple of weeks when u first start excersising its happened to a couple of people in my group.. just keep going im sure u will see some good losses soon :D

4. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(16.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Xenical/Cambridge diet
    I do loads of exercise and spoke to a trainer at the gym bc my c always says exercise won't cause a gain or slow in weightless.
    Which isn't actually true the trainer said you have to gain some lean muscle first in order to burn more calories when you do exercise! But after a couple weeks the losses should be bigger!! Xx

5. GlendaONeill

GlendaONeill Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(22.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Mizkirsty. I have had a slowdown in the past few week when I've been exercising more and I can feel the difference in my muscles that have built up a little due to the exercise. I think it is more if you haven't really exercised before starting SW.

6. charliesworld

charliesworld Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Afetr new year I went from doing zero exercise to doing something 4 times a week. In the first 8 weeks I'd only lost 4lbs but had lost 4.5 inches off my waist, 1.5 inches off my chest, 1 inch off my hips and 1 inch off my thighs!!

The last 2 weeks I've rejoined sw to keep a closer eye on my food and have lost 5lbs which I'm very happy with. I'm just parying I don't start to sabotage myself and stop the exercise - it's great for improving your mood as well as weight loss.

7. Kia-Ora

Kia-Ora Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(4.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW/WW
    I was the same, take ur measurements. I lost 8 inches all over but zero weight. Had I not have weighed myself I'd have been totally demotivated.

8. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thing is surely you might not change weight but doing that exercise will have so many benfits just explain to your c that you are eating sw style but you are incorporating a goodly amount opf exercise far better then doing none as your body will burn fat more effectively and you'll be lovely and toned so dont worry about the slow down for a while

9. Twice

Twice Member

Start Weight:
    29st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    15st7lb(52.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Exercise burns calories. Less input, more output is a simple equation. When you exercise you will build muscle to some extent but don't worry about turning into the hulk. When you exercise your body will also want to maintain some water to help it recover - however this will only impact on weight loss in the short-term as the amount of retention will not increase. Plus the number your scales show you is only one part of the process - you are changing your lifestyle and the way you approach food; the weight loss WILL come.

10. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ah, that might explain it then..
    I went from walking to the car, to doing 3 miles friday and 5 miles saturday and have gained 2lbs since thursday night...

11. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just do not give up exercising!
    The weight loss effect will come, although it is true, that in the first few weeks you are more likely to lose inches, not pounds.
    Keep up the good work ;)

12. Mousie

Mousie Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Try to eat healthy...
    Just a thought... Have you talked to your trainer about the importance of rest days? I think it is recommended that you have one rest day a week. That DOESN'T mean no exercise... A change is as good as a rest after all!:character0053:

13. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW body magic says you will see a difference in the month after starting exercise, so you may slow at first but then speed up.

14. chekoli

chekoli Guest

Exercise plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body, and it makes it possible to create a calorie deficit and lose weight without starving your body and slowing your metabolism. But do not look to exercise as your sole method of weight loss.

Last edited by a moderator: 4 April 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.