Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Exercise and SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by bambam101, 31 January 2011 Social URL.

1. bambam101

bambam101 Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Hi everyone!

I am celebrating my first ever half a stone weight loss this week :D
    I was just wondering if anyone had noticed how big an impact exercise has on weight losses?
    In Week 3 I did NO exercise what so ever and stuck to the plan 100% and only lost half a pound. On Week 4 I started going to the gym etc and lost 2 and a half pounds!

What exercises do you find to be the most beneficial when it comes to weight loss?
    I used to love dancing but now I have a dodgy knee (from dancing for 18 years!) I can't really do it anymore.
    I've taken up aqua aerobics at my gym and I love it. It doesn't hurt your joints and for being low impact...its still an amazing workout!

Bam
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Zumba! Can only manage one class a week due to finances but great for burning calories and toning up!

4. Northern Lass

Northern Lass Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(16.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i go to zumba and i try and do 30 mins of the wii fit daily. i have managed this for about a week so far, it must be working because my thighs are constantly aching whwen i try nad stand up. i haven't seen a difference of the scales yet, but hopefully i will soon.

5. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I run, and have used running alone to lose over a stone before.
    Now I'm trying to combine the two to see how well I can do :D

6. xnatalie81x

xnatalie81x Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do 4 exercise classes a week (with a 7 week break when son was born - worked out up to 39 weeks pregnant)

I do find i am more hungry because i exercise but i also find my body craves healthier choices because of exercising. It also gives me more energy and more muscle in my body means more fat burnt during all activities i do daily.

I also find my body is much more toned and my skin is better. I also really ENJOY my exercise and it really sets me up for the day :)

I do tue-fri 9.30-10.30 classes :)

7. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I really need to do classes but work 45hr ish weeks some 40 he, so tired

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.