Exercise and weigh-in?

anna_vixen

Gold Member
Hey!
I have started the couch to 5k programme on Sunday.
I need to leave a day of rest in between each workout.
So I thought Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. However, I get weighed in on a Thursday at half 5 and group finishes about half 7.
Will exercising just before weigh in on a Thursday ruin my weight loss on the scales because of water retention? Or will it not make a difference. I thought about doing it on a friday but I work all day and then have a music lesson so I'm absolutely shattered.

So, is Thursday a good day to exercise as I get weighed in? I would be exercising in the afternoon time and then having a shower etc. Then be going to get weighed.
Thanks xx

I have been told not to exercise before weigh in as it does make a difference, I went to the gym 3 hours before weigh once and even though I had been a 100% angel I had a 1lb gain, my c said it was down to the fluid from exercise. Although I suppose if you do it everyweek it will even itself out.

Think it does matter. I have my meeting on a Thursday and tend to exercise at least 3 days a week, but the only day I won't is thursday

Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to do it on a Friday and get up early! And go before work! That will be a challenge lol! X

anna_vixen said:
Hey!
I have started the couch to 5k programme on Sunday.
I need to leave a day of rest in between each workout.
So I thought Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. However, I get weighed in on a Thursday at half 5 and group finishes about half 7.
Will exercising just before weigh in on a Thursday ruin my weight loss on the scales because of water retention? Or will it not make a difference. I thought about doing it on a friday but I work all day and then have a music lesson so I'm absolutely shattered.

So, is Thursday a good day to exercise as I get weighed in? I would be exercising in the afternoon time and then having a shower etc. Then be going to get weighed.
Thanks xx

How is of going? I read about this challenge I've always wanted to be able to run but on the three or four times I've tried I've failed miserably as I get too out of breath my chest beats to fast and I just totally fail! Yet I can run on a treadmill
I'd live to give it ago but need a partner to run with, I'd use my OH but unfortunately for me he's super fit and doesn't understand how I can be so unfit and we end up arguing :-(

Im only on day two haha! But so far so good. I need to break my new trainers in though.

My advice is just to go for it! Have a go, get out in the fresh air :) x

Back