exercise and weight loss.....

Hi hun, I'm pretty sure that cd recommends that you dont do strenuous exercise whilst ssing, as you may start to burn muscle rather than fat? I think they say moderate exercise is ok though.
maybe wait until a cdc pops by and gives you a bit more info ?

xx

I agree - on SS regular gentle exercise is ok but doing enough to burn 450 calories a day wouldn't do you any good at all.

A brisk walk for 20 - 30 minutes a day would be much more beneficial. Or 20 mins a day on a bike or other exercise machine but you must only work at a rate where you can still hold a conversation while working.

SS works fast enough on it's own so the weight just drops off. Exercise for toning and fitness should be a gradual thing which can be built up as you start to increase your calorie intake.

As Mrs Tweedy says you will just burn muscle if you over do it now.

When i started ss i did enough exercise to burn 150 cals before each shake every day = 450 cals burnt everyday. All i can say is DONT do it. I felt terrible i felt dizzy, had the shakes etc. My CDC suggested i added another shake as i felt that i needed to continue exercising. I didn't find it really worked i think doing so much exercise contributed to me binging as i was feeling so bad all the time. Some people seem to be able to exercise a lot when ssing. I think that it depends on how much weight you have to loose( i had a stone and a half). I was also used to exercising which was why i didn't want to stop i just reduced it.
A-M

I found the same A-M, I have kept up with my dance classes but I don't have the energy or stamina to do them properly on SS. This week I go onto 790 which I hope will give me the extra intake to exercise better.

I would say that the shakes on sole source are giving you the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs, rather than the calorie content - because it gets all of the calories it needs to function from the stored fat. So, whilst you are technically going into minus calories, on SS you do every day anyway. So for example, we need a certain amount of calories to live, breathe etc, so once the 450 that we take in on SS get used up we start using up other available sources from our body (i.e Ketosis), so we are actually getting our full quota, it just comes out of the reserves.

Mind you, I'm not a counsellor, thats just what my idea of the whole thing is. I'd say that moderate exercise definitely improves the loss and more importantly tones you as you go along your weight loss journey, but try to keep exercising fun, as some people can become addicted (I think theres a form of anorexia where the sufferers obsessively exercise as another way of controlling their body).

I used to go to the gym and work out on the treadmil, cross trainer, stepper, rowing machine and finish off with weights, 3 - 4 times a week. In my second week of CD I attempted to keep this up. It did not work, same reason as Twenty. I do not want to feel like that again.

Now I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, broken up in between with low weights to keep toned, I do this twice a week - I drink water before, after and during exercise and I still leave the gym feeling good.

Hi Guys
what i was thinking of was to use my strider for just 15 mins 3 times a day. the 15mins burns 150cals for me int hat time. it was just a thought. i do feel absolutely fine and have done on ss since starting. just thought i mite give it a push as i am now not too far away from where i want to be in my mind. scales wont matter at the end if i look how i want to look. im 5'7 so am quite tall and can carry it quite well and people are always under guestimating my weight. i just didnt want to take forever to get the last bit off. silly i know but thats the way im thinking at the mo. sorry!
as i am feeling well i will probably just carry on as i am then untill i hit a plateau maybe and then perhaps add the strider. thanks guys for your time

Hi,

I heard from a friend on LL that your body can go into starvation mode even though you remain in ketosis so you won't lose weight as the body worries it will not have enough energy to keep going.

Not sure how true this is but she mentioned that Posh Spice has this prob .. she remains in ketosis but cannot lose anymore weight.

x

Back