exercise before weigh in?

kerryathome

Silver Member
Has any one done exercise immediately before weigh in? did it affect the scales at all?

I've just joined a running club and they do a run before my SW class on a sat morning, I'm at the top of my target range so really need a loss this week, which is on the cards as I've followed the plan properly and don't want to jeopardise that by going for a run before if thats going to tip the scales as it were

thanks xx

I go to weigh-in straight from a zumba class each week and have done ever since I started SW. I don't know whether it affects my weigh-in but it doesn't matter because I do the same thing every week. I don't think I'd want to do it as a one-off.

I think you'll be okay, especially if you do it every week from now on. If your at the top of your target range and not out of it, it won't matter if its just this one week anyway as if you do gain because of it you'll have a week to get back in and if you have another good week and then do the run again next week it should see you back in target range. I'd say go for it, plus like someone has said if its straight after I think if anything you'd see a loss, when I used to use the wii fit to track my weight I always lost a bit just after a workout.

Exercise is good for u so don't worry too much about it affecting your weigh in. It's better to have your run than sitting on your settee!!
Make sure you are hydrated too.....!
If it makes you gain one week it will just be the change of routine xxx
I always have a nice long walk round the village on weigh day....pushing the pram up hills is a graft!!! Lol x

Has any one done exercise immediately before weigh in? did it affect the scales at all?

I've just joined a running club and they do a run before my SW class on a sat morning, I'm at the top of my target range so really need a loss this week, which is on the cards as I've followed the plan properly and don't want to jeopardise that by going for a run before if thats going to tip the scales as it were

thanks xx

After a vigorous thirty to forty minute routing, you'll burn through between half a pound and two pounds of water.

Think it'd depend on if you drink much water while running. I always weigh more after a run but I could drink up to 2litres of water!!!

well didn't go for the run at the end of the day because has to go to the garage with the car first thing. Next Sat I'm on nightshift before weigh in so probably wont do it next week either, x

I think it helps i walked to my weigh in last week and lost 4pounds :D

Back