exercise bike - question on workout

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Trash, 21 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya I have been doing 30 mins on exercise bike each day for 2 weeks - which results in about 6 miles a day!

I've been using the same resistant level - should i be changing the level throughout to help with fat burning??

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Tracey - the best way to burn fat is by alternating your heart rate - high/low etc. while staying in your target heart rate zone - so not getting too out of breath.

General rule is that you should still be able to speak but not sing!

On a bike - and it really helps toning your bum and thighs - if you do "in the saddle/out the saddle" with a higher resistance - like you are going up hills.

I do this on my real bike - tend to do 12 pedals in the saddle and 12 out and just alternate like that - being out the saddle tends to increase your heart rate also.

Hope this helps and that you are still enjoying your exercise. xx

Trash likes this.
  4. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks hun that makes sense never thought of doing in/out saddle good idea :D

Yeah I'm still enjoying the bike actual feel great afterwards kind of a buzz! I do have a programme on the bike for fat burning must dig out the manual and maybe give that a try also x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.