Exercise CD Weight Loss Friend or Foe

Chitty

Hi
OK, I know excercise is good for you. And you shouldn't add any into your daily life for the first 2 weeks of weight loss....

But after that if I introduce exercise, like walking on tread mills, cross trainer etc, increasing over say 4/5 weeks up to 1hrs a day 5 days a week, will this make my weight loss faster, slower or stay the same.

I want to get the max out or the diet and I've got to a point were I am going to stick to it, and want to do all I can to up the anti on the weight loss and do nothing to hinder it and all to help.

I plan to take up dance classes to help keep the weight off, but such is my self image at the moment I would dare start that up, until I am bmi 27 or less....

Any thoughts?

im not on cd yet but was on LT for a few months ,i did exercise but not to begin with your body needs time to adjust,i found walking really helped and toning exercise help with baggy skin ,my local gym has toning tables and they are fantastic til your regain your energy levels xx lillie xx

I know we're not supposed to exercise for the first 2 weeks but what about slendertone to start toning up.

im not on cd yet but was on LT for a few months ,i did exercise but not to begin with your body needs time to adjust,i found walking really helped and toning exercise help with baggy skin ,my local gym has toning tables and they are fantastic til your regain your energy levels xx lillie xx
Thanks Lillie
I'll look at the toning when I get nearer goal. It the help lose the weight fast buttons I want to press... then I can look at keeping it off and getting really fit again. XXXXX

tone as you go hun saves the hard work at the end do it gradually i started with 10 sit ups a day and im on about 100 now and ivwe lost nearly 6 stone and no baggy tum,i started the gym after a couple of weeks i go 3 times a week and do at least 40 minutes cardio as well as weights ,now the fat is melting away there is a toned figure underneath,missyb get the slendertone on now xx

I'm on week 5 now and my CDC said not to do too much still. Every other night I do half hour/45 mins in my wii fit, the step aerobics, running and the boxercise one. But I do find that I tire really quickly still. Even walking up 3 flights of stairs today left me weak, and I've never been particularly unfit, just overweight.

tone as you go hun saves the hard work at the end do it gradually i started with 10 sit ups a day and im on about 100 now and ivwe lost nearly 6 stone and no baggy tum,i started the gym after a couple of weeks i go 3 times a week and do at least 40 minutes cardio as well as weights ,now the fat is melting away there is a toned figure underneath,missyb get the slendertone on now xx

Thanks for that will do:)

I know we're not supposed to exercise for the first 2 weeks but what about slendertone to start toning up.

Hiya & Thanks.

It wasn't the toning up bit I was worried about at this stage... I just wondered if cardi calorie buring exercise after the first two weeks you help speed up weight loss, or make it slow down. Someone told me if you do up your exercise to burn up the cals when you are on a vlcd, you body fights to hold on to the fat...

I really want to get exercising! I have just stopped feeling tired (on day 6 today), so hoping to introduce some gentle exercise next week and then increase it gradually.

I hate being fat, but also dispair at being so unfit - especially when we're out and about with friends and I'm huffing and puffing, so I am hoping to get into the habit of going to the gym at least 3 times a week and doing some Wii fit most nights (I am hoping I should have lost enough in the next few days to be able to use it).

Hmmm thanks guys, I know I should be worried about saggy tummy etc.... but last time I lost weight I was lucky and my tummy wasn't to bad, so I'm looking at really starting to tone around 27bmi.... now I just want to burn the fat....

I really want to get exercising! I have just stopped feeling tired (on day 6 today), so hoping to introduce some gentle exercise next week and then increase it gradually.

I hate being fat, but also dispair at being so unfit - especially when we're out and about with friends and I'm huffing and puffing, so I am hoping to get into the habit of going to the gym at least 3 times a week and doing some Wii fit most nights (I am hoping I should have lost enough in the next few days to be able to use it).

Sounds like you are really swinging with the diet... day 6 you are doing really well and will soon be feeling so much better. What ever you do wait a couple of weeks and start slowly...
And you have a wii fit....... :jelous: I'm jelouse.... I want one, can't find one for love nor money....:cry:

toys r us have wii fits in

Hello

Dont want to be the voice of doom, but I find that when ever I exercise I dont lose any weight that week, it has been explained to me that your body hangs onto what you have as the calorie in take is so low your body panics and the fat stays!

Buy hey I guess everyone is different, I still exercise as dont want to be all soft and flabby but know that the weight loss wont be so great but like the well feeling I get when I do exercise and I am definitely much more toned.

Hi there, just wanted to stick in my twopenneth

I really honestly couldnt say whether my exercise speeds my weight loss any - I try to go to the gym 3 times a week and do about 45 mins. I have had weeks where I havent exercised and lost loads, and weeks where I have and lost a lot. Also had excercise/nonexcercise weeks where i have STS. BUT, I do believe that overall, say month to month rather than week to week, it does help, and besides, I feel so fantastic afterwards it is worth it. One thing it may be worth focussing on is that the exercise may not speed the pounds lost, but for me at least it sped up the inches lost. I also have found that now I am fitter, I am more active in general - I run upstairs, walk faster etc, which can only help in the long run. Go for it! Just make sure you a) Dont overdo it and b) drink enough water (this could really stall you if you dont). I am not a doctor or cdc so this is just what has worked for me but I am someone who used to be too lazy to go for a wee when I needed one and would hold on! Now I feel great after exercise and can finally see the atrraction!

Back