Exercise: how do YOU earn bonus points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Paws, 2 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Paws

Paws Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating, calorie counting
    Hello all!

Just sat here pondering my (lack of) exercise regime and wondering how to increase it (ie start one).

I am aware to do any exercise regularly you need to enjoy it as I would rather eat yellow snow than go to the gym!:eek:

So what do you all do to earn those bonus points?

Thanks in advance!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont :eek: I do try and do some walking most days, albeit only 10/15 mins but I never count that as bonus points.

4. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    If I have time after work, I pop my little girl in the buggy and go for a walk (usually a 3 mile circle) - im really lucky as OH goes with me (hes a military musician and has to keep fit) so I dont feel the time going by.
    If im feeling really adventurous at the weekend, I sometimes go for a 4.2 mile walk.

I have a cross trainer at home so sometimes hop on it while watching tv (neglecting this lately) but I find myself eyeing the clock quite a bit when doing this - you dont do this when walking....

Like Starlight, I dont count this as bonus points - I just put them as an extra boost to my weight loss.

What were you thinking of trying?

5. Pinkdiamond

Pinkdiamond Is it nearly October yet?

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Bouncing !!!!! woo hoo love it :) (on trampoline LOL)

6. Paws

Paws Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I really don't know what to try. I do walk the dog every day, but have always done this so it doesn't really count.
    Have joined the gym and never gone, bought a swimming costume and never gone swimming, bought running trainers and never worn them, I am sure you are getting the picture!
    Part of the problem is that I feel so overweight and lumbering that everything is hard work, I know I have to start somewhere but it is really hard.:(

7. Paws

Paws Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    do you have a trampette? I used to have one of those, but at the time lived in an old cottage with very low ceilings and banged my head when I bounced, didn't think that purchase through! So I think it got re-homed.

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Here here!! I'm exactly the same! I also have a lateral thigh trainer and a skipping rope hidden underneath my little girls cot. I bought them with the best of intentions, but I spent one day using them and then put them away...they've been there ever since.

I think you're on the right tracks with trying to think of something to enjoy though. If you enjoy what you're doing then it doesn't feel like exercise. Do you like shopping? If so, then you could always take a long walk round town once a week. Park in the car park furthest from the shops, walk all the way round town and then back to the car. If you're window shopping at the same time then you won't even notice you're actually exercising, but you could spend hours walking round - it all counts.

As for your walks with the dog - that still counts as exercise. It doesn't matter if you've always done it, it's still walking and that's still exercise...don't sell yourself short.

9. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    ive been trying to think of how I can earn extra points through exercise too. I'm on my feet alllll day at work though walking abckwards anad forwards then have to walk the dog then after that I just want to sit in my chair and not move.

I need something that doesnt involve sore feet lol

10. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to go running 3 times a week! currently training for a 5 and 10k! must admit only started running again 2 weeks ago but i'm loving it! Also do a lot of walking and will be getting back on the trampoline!

11. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Yep I have a trampette and a 14ft trampoline in the garden:D both are great fun, low impact and easy. I just put my ipod on and bounce away to the music, and before I know it 30mins have passed and im sweating and had a good workout without killing myself off. LOL highly recommend both of these things. If you are a bit self conscious maybe a trampette is a good start, Argos does a great one for around 14quid. Also nasa did a study??(why, I have no idea) and they found that a workout on a trampette burned more calories than running in the same length of session. So good news all round for bouncing I say. xxx

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

This is gonna sound like a really stupid question (in fact I'm almost too embarrassed to ask) but is that all you do on a trampette...bounce?! Just up and down...no tricks or special work out...just bounce?! If that's the case then I think I might invest in one!!!!

13. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Hehe, yep thats all you do,,,, if you like you can punch the air etc and do twists and stuff but basically you just bounce. :) Go for it its really easy. tbh a trampolonie is harder work coz its bouncier so your using more muscles to get higher and higher!! I think my neighbours must think im mad:rotflmao:

14. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    i have a trampette and think its ace!!
    i only do 15-20 mins on it now and again bt it feels like ive done about an hour and always get good weightlosses when i do it.

the kids love it too and it tires them out early so thats a bonus ;)

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oooh! I want one!!

16. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    So how many bonus points does 15 mins on a trampette earn?? Am very intrigued...I love trampolines but havent got a garden!

17. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'd love to use the trampette I've got, or go running, oh and I really want to learn to horse ride. The issue I have is the fact that my bazookas are heeyuge and would give me black eyes! :(

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Sparkle, I think you need to invest in a good quality sports bra! Lol

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :rotflmao: Me too, I wouldnt dare try it lol Horse riding is one of the things on my 'to do' list :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.