Exercise: how do YOU earn bonus points?

Paws

Hello all!

Just sat here pondering my (lack of) exercise regime and wondering how to increase it (ie start one).

I am aware to do any exercise regularly you need to enjoy it as I would rather eat yellow snow than go to the gym!:eek:

So what do you all do to earn those bonus points?

Thanks in advance!:)

I dont :eek: I do try and do some walking most days, albeit only 10/15 mins but I never count that as bonus points.

If I have time after work, I pop my little girl in the buggy and go for a walk (usually a 3 mile circle) - im really lucky as OH goes with me (hes a military musician and has to keep fit) so I dont feel the time going by.
If im feeling really adventurous at the weekend, I sometimes go for a 4.2 mile walk.

I have a cross trainer at home so sometimes hop on it while watching tv (neglecting this lately) but I find myself eyeing the clock quite a bit when doing this - you dont do this when walking....

Like Starlight, I dont count this as bonus points - I just put them as an extra boost to my weight loss.

What were you thinking of trying?

Bouncing !!!!! woo hoo love it :) (on trampoline LOL)

I really don't know what to try. I do walk the dog every day, but have always done this so it doesn't really count.
Have joined the gym and never gone, bought a swimming costume and never gone swimming, bought running trainers and never worn them, I am sure you are getting the picture!
Part of the problem is that I feel so overweight and lumbering that everything is hard work, I know I have to start somewhere but it is really hard.:(

Bouncing !!!!! woo hoo love it :) (on trampoline LOL)
do you have a trampette? I used to have one of those, but at the time lived in an old cottage with very low ceilings and banged my head when I bounced, didn't think that purchase through! So I think it got re-homed.

ive been trying to think of how I can earn extra points through exercise too. I'm on my feet alllll day at work though walking abckwards anad forwards then have to walk the dog then after that I just want to sit in my chair and not move.

I need something that doesnt involve sore feet lol

I tend to go running 3 times a week! currently training for a 5 and 10k! must admit only started running again 2 weeks ago but i'm loving it! Also do a lot of walking and will be getting back on the trampoline!

do you have a trampette? I used to have one of those, but at the time lived in an old cottage with very low ceilings and banged my head when I bounced, didn't think that purchase through! So I think it got re-homed.

Yep I have a trampette and a 14ft trampoline in the garden:D both are great fun, low impact and easy. I just put my ipod on and bounce away to the music, and before I know it 30mins have passed and im sweating and had a good workout without killing myself off. LOL highly recommend both of these things. If you are a bit self conscious maybe a trampette is a good start, Argos does a great one for around 14quid. Also nasa did a study??(why, I have no idea) and they found that a workout on a trampette burned more calories than running in the same length of session. So good news all round for bouncing I say. xxx

This is gonna sound like a really stupid question (in fact I'm almost too embarrassed to ask) but is that all you do on a trampette...bounce?! Just up and down...no tricks or special work out...just bounce?! If that's the case then I think I might invest in one!!!!

Hehe, yep thats all you do,,,, if you like you can punch the air etc and do twists and stuff but basically you just bounce. :) Go for it its really easy. tbh a trampolonie is harder work coz its bouncier so your using more muscles to get higher and higher!! I think my neighbours must think im mad:rotflmao:

i have a trampette and think its ace!!
i only do 15-20 mins on it now and again bt it feels like ive done about an hour and always get good weightlosses when i do it.

the kids love it too and it tires them out early so thats a bonus ;)

Back