Exercise Hula Hoop - Update!

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hiya everyone!

Now my gym membership has come to an end, and I have yet to purchase a Wii, i'm turning my attention to exercise hula hooping!

Does anyone else do this and, if so, how do you get on with it?

Im looking on ebay now and wondering what size and weight I should be getting. Any ideas?

I wish I could hula hoop!! Apart from the virtual Wii Fit one I am pants at it!!! Lol.
Sorry I cant be of any help, Im sure someone can answer your question though.

I used to do it for hours when I was young! (aeons ago!) It didn't change my shape (I was always a weeble :p) and they spread rumours that it twisted your intestines! LOL! And they were already stuck together with chewing gum!

No huney! Don't let me put you off! These new ones have weights, and there's no truth that you can knot your inners or acrobats would all be dead! I can feel my yumpies (love handles) after I've done hula on Wiifit! Go ahead and let us know how you get on! They are easy to store and if they get your waist down nuff said!

I've got one and it's great! Took about five days to get the hang of it, and I had bruised hips for a few days but it's worth perservering. Can definitely feel it in your tummy muscles afterwards.

Never been able to hoola, not even as a stick of an insect child, but I do remember watching the other children who could do it and feeling very envious of them. Good luck to you hun, but I'm going to keep telling myself I cann't do it cos they will tie my intestines in knotts (judi has a point here) lol. Have fun xx

OMG I got my hula hoop today, its such good exercise, ive only done it for 5 mins and im shattered already! Talk about work up a sweat!!!!

Hi Sarah, what one did you go for in the end? I'm thinking of getting one but there are so many different sizes and weights I'm confused:confused::confused:

Thanks Sarah-Jayne, will check it out and let you know if I get one:D

Back