• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Exercise question

S: 12st2lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st5lb(2.94%)
Hi everyone, I've just finished five days of attack and lost 7lbs which I'm thrilled with. However prior to starting this diet I really enjoyed jogging and exercise classes (the reason I am overweight is that after a jog or class I'd congratulate myself with pizza, wine and galaxy bars!) I really want to resume my exercise routine and will do so on top of the daily walking. Has anyone else done this? Is it advisable? Also will I need to drink alot more water? Any advice will be greatly received.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

louschu

S: 13st11lb C: 10st13lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 2st12lb(20.73%)
I run 3 miles every day, I was really worried when I started Dukan that I wouldn't have the energy to run. I originally planned to stop running and start again when I reached conso and started eating more carbs but i really missed the running. I started off walking as briskly as I could for about 40 minutes but after a couple of weeks I found that I could run fine without the extra carbs.

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
Now youre through attack (when energy can be depleted) absolutely get back into exercise, the walk is just a minimum to get us moving.

Plan a few post exercise dukan friendly treats too, so you wont be jonesing for a pizza/chocolate etc.

dukandebut

Goat herder(ess)
S: 10st0lb C: 7st10lb G: 8st1lb Loss: 2st4lb(22.86%)
A mixture of cardio and toning is particularly good. It's a really good idea to add some toning exercises (especially something like Pilates) in order to tighten up loose skin after the weight loss.

soshbfly

Silver Member
S: 14st11lb C: 12st12.2lb G: 11st5lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 1st12.8lb(12.95%)
A bit late here, but yes - the walking is just a minimum. I never did any of the prescribed exercises but I was doing Cardio classes (Step, Attack, Combat, Zumba) several times a week and some Yoga/Pilates toning about 5/6 x a week. It worked VERY well and I never craved carbs or felt energy-depleted.

Best of luck on the jogging/classes - they're a great accompaniment to the diet.