Exercise = Slowed Weight Loss ....?????

sounds like exercise is for you then mini!! :D

I have done an hour today on the wii - boxing to be precise (i rock! haha) and am going swimming on saturday so i shall wait to see the results monday morning! hopefully i can get 4lbs :D

I can't stand going to the gym so any excuse for me, however, I need to do some tum exercises to tone up a bit. Going on holiday in May and although I wont be wearing a bikini, I'd love a trimmer tum!

You should get those 4lbs easily! Exercise works for me, I know it's not the same for everyone but I think it really helps to lose those inches and to tone me up. I've lost 2ins each from the tops of my arms and thighs and calves so far! I think this is down to the exercise. I will keep it up though cos I feel so much better for doing it.

Wot exercises are best for freefalling out of a plane I wonder?

For me at the minute its pounds! Ive still got a lot to lose so bring it on lol

Oh Lord How confusing. I just bought an exercise bike and burn off 300-450 cals a day in three sittings (morning, tea time and evening). I am a little out of breath but not overwhelmingly. Although did two sittings in one today and regretted it but was running late this morning. I am curious to see if it effects my weigh in on Saturday.
It would be good to keep this thread going to see how people get on and if exercise makes a difference.

well people I am going for my wi tomorrow morning so i will let you know the results as I have been going to the gym every single day this week and doing an hour exercise plus 1 hour walk every day. fingers crossed

I did promise to put my losses up to see if going to the gym makes a difference and I'll let you know... IT DEFINITELY DOES!!! Before I started gym I lost 2lbs 1 week then 1lb the week after... then i went to gym and... I lost 4lbs

and this week I have had a sneaky weigh in and in 3 days since my last weigh in I have already lost 4lbs!!! I am not doing anything different except going to the gym for an hour 5 times a week. So I would definitely recommend people go to the gym when they feel they can do coz if its helping me this much im sure it will help others too.

I do 5-10minutes on the cross trainer, treadmill (power walk), bike, rower.. and some toning and 100 sit ups. and I still have the energy to walk there and back which is an hour!

I did promise to put my losses up to see if going to the gym makes a difference and I'll let you know... IT DEFINITELY DOES!!! Before I started gym I lost 2lbs 1 week then 1lb the week after... then i went to gym and... I lost 4lbs

and this week I have had a sneaky weigh in and in 3 days since my last weigh in I have already lost 4lbs!!! I am not doing anything different except going to the gym for an hour 5 times a week. So I would definitely recommend people go to the gym when they feel they can do coz if its helping me this much im sure it will help others too.

I do 5-10minutes on the cross trainer, treadmill (power walk), bike, rower.. and some toning and 100 sit ups. and I still have the energy to walk there and back which is an hour!

wow you go ftb where do you get all your energy from any spare plse send my way
keep up the fantastic work

wow well done fbtb :)

Toning exercise is better for your weightloss than cardio while on a VLCD.

Afterthought; muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. 1lb is 1lb, wether it is a pound of brick or a pound of feathers.

The difference is, 1lb of fat takes up more physical room than 1lb of muscle, as muscle cells are streamlined and fat cells are bulky.

Diagram to help explain;
fat-v-muscle3.jpg

We learn something new every day, thanks for that information, I was always lead to believe the muscle weighed heavier too.

Well thats what I have been told and understood out the window lol

Ditto lol.

re: the cycling/swimming/other activities

the general consensus on LL is as follows:
If you were doing some exercise before, then you will be fine to continue doing that exercise as your body is used to it.
If you were not doing any exercise before, it's best not to start while on the VLCD.

You body is going through enough as it is, without adding further strain to it by asking it to things it would (technically) not be fit enough to do even while eating healthily, let alone with <550cals a day

In my case, ever since I started walking/running home from work (around 4.5miles) my losses each week have dropped by 50%, from 5-6lbs a week to 2-3lbs, with a STS last week, and I feel hungrier all the time as well.

Of course, I can only speak from a personal point of view, but for me, the exercise cutting my losses isn't a deterrant - I would rather abstain for longer and enjoy exercise than sit around watching DVDs every night, bored and feeling like I should be doing more.

but that's just me.

Bottom line, listen to your body - if it tells you to take it easy, then take it easy, no matter how long you feel like you need to :)

Excellent advice, thanks.

Back