Exercise SS

Cambslass

Hiya!
i was wondering if someone with more experience could help me a little regarding exercise.
i regularly exercise, sometims 5 times a week, i burn around 800 calories per session.
i am worried of continuing with this as i have heard it can stall weight loss, also i wouldnt do as much as the small amount of calories consumed. But do other people exercise whilst on ss? Have u found it effects weightloss in either good or bad way? And if you do exercise, what and ow much do you recommend?
thankyou!!

It isn't recommended to do excessive exercise while on Cambridge as the low calories can make your body think you are starving go into a 'starvation mode' where it holds onto fat/energy (or something like that). However, I have seen people on here doing the 30 Day Shred (which is intense) and their losses seem great. The only thing to do is try a week with exercise and it you are happy with the loss keep it up. If your losses stall either consider moving up a step or cutting back on to a less intense exercise regime.

Hope you find a solution.

Thank you for replying!:) i feel more active and more energy than last week so i may try adding my exercise in slowly! And see what happens! Thankyou:)

I was pretty much stationary before taking up the diet and now I walk over 15 miles a week. As your body was used to the exercise before you started Cambridge, I'm sure you'll be fine to carry on, and if at any point it feels too much you can always throw in a 200 calorie meal (which is protein heavy and great for work outs) or move up a plan.

great advice from country bumpkin.

I have exercised throughout this time - (all moderate - 2 x gym - aerobic not weights, and 2 X aqua fit and 3 hrs karate and have found it much easier to manage. My overall losses are about 1lb more than last time with no exercise but i am so much more toned and less flabby. I wouldn't start new exercise in the first 2 weeks on SS and tone it back if I was doing masses but after the first couple of weeks they encourage you to do moderate exercise - so i would say go for it!

:) Ooh i was glad to see someone ask this, i like to swim 4 or 5 times a week, so I should be ok to continue this?

Ah, so that's where the name comes from! ;) You ought to be fine to carry on. I've just taken up swimming and I'm really enjoying it, not finding it too much to handle with the diet, so an experienced swimmer ought to have no problems.

Last edited:
Back