Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    xenical & healthy eating
    just a quick post to find out if i can get help with gym membership?

ive heard there is help available to cover costs etc? is this true?

anyone know anything about it ?

:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    i may be wrong...but i think you have to referred by a GP?

4. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    When I first started the gym last summer I was given a 'gp referral' I had gone to my gp and as I needed to lose weight she suggested I go to the gym.
    The gp referral is basically just 24 reduced price gym sessions. I think I paid £2.75 a session.

Other than that I dont really know.

I live in a small village and we have a organisation that gives money to people in the village that need/deserve things. I asked and they have paid for my gym membership and sessions for a year which is nice of them. Maybe you have something similar to this where you live?

Claire x

5. UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES

UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    xenical & healthy eating
    thanks thats really helpful, i was just wondering as its expensive at the gym, i too live in a small town and i can not get to other gyms, due to health problems (not weight), i was just wondering if they would help me as i have many health problems and this bit of extra weight i need to shift, i may get to my gp and ask soon as i can, thanks . xxxxxxxxx

6. shelz

shelz Silver Member

We have several gym/affiliations in the local area that provide discounts for less fortunate. I think people in receipt of benefits get the membership for half price, along with disabled people that get membership for a quater of the price. It could be worth asking a few gyms in the area. Might even be worth seeing if the GP will refer you in writing and see what comes from that?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.