exercise ?

just a quick post to find out if i can get help with gym membership?

ive heard there is help available to cover costs etc? is this true?

anyone know anything about it ?

:p

i may be wrong...but i think you have to referred by a GP?

When I first started the gym last summer I was given a 'gp referral' I had gone to my gp and as I needed to lose weight she suggested I go to the gym.
The gp referral is basically just 24 reduced price gym sessions. I think I paid £2.75 a session.

Other than that I dont really know.

I live in a small village and we have a organisation that gives money to people in the village that need/deserve things. I asked and they have paid for my gym membership and sessions for a year which is nice of them. Maybe you have something similar to this where you live?

Claire x

thanks thats really helpful, i was just wondering as its expensive at the gym, i too live in a small town and i can not get to other gyms, due to health problems (not weight), i was just wondering if they would help me as i have many health problems and this bit of extra weight i need to shift, i may get to my gp and ask soon as i can, thanks . xxxxxxxxx

We have several gym/affiliations in the local area that provide discounts for less fortunate. I think people in receipt of benefits get the membership for half price, along with disabled people that get membership for a quater of the price. It could be worth asking a few gyms in the area. Might even be worth seeing if the GP will refer you in writing and see what comes from that?

Back