exercise

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by this*time, 2 July 2010 Social URL.

1. this*time

this*time Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.42%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    I have read many posts saying exercise slow your lose, I am no fan off exercisebut wondered a hat week should I start contemplating it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I have given myself a month which means its time for me to start. I have been walking alot, and by alot I mean 3 - 4 times a week for an hour or more. It will not slow your fat loss, only your scale loss for a brief time.
    My CDC said whenever you feel ready to start but not overdo it on cardio exercise. I am going to start with a 10 minute run and then do some weights (that is of course if I can manage to run for 10 minutes without being out of breath :eek: )

4. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Losin the baby weight :-)

Start Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am a member of a gym and haven't been for about 6 months!!!! :mad:

However, I signed up for Boot Camp last week and had my first session yesterday morning!! I can hardly walk today!

Honestly, it was torture but it felt so good afterwards! I go away in 5 weeks and this is a 5 week course - 3 times per week. My next one is tomorrow at 8am but I am so sore I am not sure how I am going to do it! I asked the instructor and she said to power on through the pain!!!! :eek: Ha ha! Oh well, no pain no gain I suppose - or rather no pain no loss!!!

5. Fisherman

Fisherman Silver Member

at the moment i am just concentrating on low impact cardio stuff to burn fat so walking and swimmming at a gentle pace atm

6. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    as most people on here know, anyone who's read my diary. i'm a total exercise fanatic. :D

i would say that if you are starting out a good place it walking. then after that i would say weights.

exercise does slow weight loss down. i had a buddy on here - we were the same height and had the same amount to loose. she got there before me. she didn't exercise and i did.

Katerpillar - remember when you are starting out that you do not want to overdo it. that boot camp sounds like to much hard work if you haven't been doing anything for a while and are just going back to exercise. exercising through pain is not great and bad advice.

if you are sore from cardio you need more stretching time before and after. take it down a notch too. you want to carry on but not at the expense of not being able to do anything.

if you are doing muscle building exercise then it's slightly different in that you will be ripping your muscle and it will be rebuilding itself. the pain is the rebuild. the rebuild makes your muscle bigger and stronger.

7. Steve S

Steve S Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I went a bit mad with the cardio when I'd lost 3 stones the first time. I did the C25K program, and although I got fitter I'm convinced it helped to slow my weight loss down.

I'm taking it easier this time to see if there's a difference. :cool:

:) Steve

8. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    I started swimming a couple of weeks ago and do half a mile three times a week. I have only lost 1lb a week since. I wonder if the swimming has anything to do with it?

9. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Losin the baby weight :-)

Start Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the advice great things! :)

I am so sore that I can hardly walk down the staris or get off the toilet :D I am sooooo unfit it's shocking!

I am going to wait and see what the pain is like tomorrow! I really want to go so might just go and take it easy - althought that really defeats the point of 'Boot Camp' I suppose! I will wait and see!

I felt really good afterwards though - I surprisingly had a lot more energy at 7am than I normally would so am definitely going to stick with it, but I shall heed your advice! :)

10. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I would like to join the gym soon what are the best exercises to do while still loosing weight on CD?

11. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    weights will help burn fat. cardio will get you aerobically fitter. it's the cardio the might slow down losses more than weights. get yourself into a body pump class, fantastic for tone.

12. Fisherman

Fisherman Silver Member

i want to get back into the gym but i like crunching heavy weights but on SS cant see how my body could rebuild the muscle with no calories etc so going to wait till i move up the programmes

13. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I go to the toning centre about 3 times a week and do some weights at night xx

14. Awaken Me

Awaken Me On my Way...

I've just started doing Zumba and it's brilliant. I'm just doing the 20 minute video for now - starting off slowly and will build up, but I am also mindful of not doing too much.

15. wannadrop3st

wannadrop3st Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    low carb / low cal
    I do the wobble away classes 3 times a week with 3lb weights, so far so good ;)

16. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I have found though on days I do exercise I'm more hungry

17. this*time

this*time Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.42%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    well I am going to leave it a good few weeks, then going to do a half hour walk at least 4 times a week

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.