Exercise

JulesE

Hiya,
Me again!

Just wondering how many of you take regular exercise whilst SSing?

I've joined Gymophobics & go between 3 & 5 times each week. The sessions are only 30 minutes long and seem pretty effective.

I also try to take my son for a walk in his pushchair 3 or 4 times a week. We usually go for about an hour to hour & half a time.

Have any of you introduced exercise & found it speeds up your losses?

Thanks in advance of any replies :)

i dont lol

I'm not much into exercise although I really should. I just bought an instructional dvd with tricords today so I'm hoping to try that out. And maybe start walking now that the weather has gotten better. My toddler hates his stroller though so we'll see!

Goodluck with the gym! If you keep at it there's no doubt you'll see results and quite possibly a difference in how fast you lose weight.

Hi,

I have to admit that I don't do much either.

I used to go to the gym a lot then it closed down and my new 1 doesn't open early enough fo rme to go before work and i'm usually too knackered or busy to go after. I really need to sort myself out though and start going even if its only for 1/2 hr.

Heard the Gymophobics thing is really good, sounds like you're doing great :)

Good luck

Jo xx

Well I went round a Gymophobics place for a visit, and I was NOT impressed at all! A beeper sounds and you all have to move to the next piece of equipment - not for me. I went to the gym 3 times a week before I got so busy with Cambridge.
Ann

Well I went round a Gymophobics place for a visit, and I was NOT impressed at all! A beeper sounds and you all have to move to the next piece of equipment - not for me. I went to the gym 3 times a week before I got so busy with Cambridge.
Ann

You're the 1st person I've hear who didn't like the 'beeper' Ann!

Most women like it because it means there's no waiting around for a piece of equipment to become free.
It also means you know you'll only be there for the 30 minutes, no more. Ideal for me with a 13 month old to fit around.

Each to their own eh :)

They're sort of like resistance bands Bethany, but with handles on each end.

I joined a gym today! A nice young instructor spent an hour and a half devising a programme for me then watching me do it! I told him about the diet and he was supportive - the programme has only 15 mins on the recumbent bike which is the cardio/aerobic bit, the rest is free weights and machines - so hopefully I'll be toning up my bits soon! I am to do it 3 times a week for 6 weeks then he will amend it. I felt a bit self-conscious but to hell with it! Just looking at my big fat self in the mirrored walls which suround the place is extra incentive to make me stick to the diet so it cant be bad!

I plan on starting the gym once I'm back from Glastonbury (on payday anyhow!) Has anyone found its sped up the weight loss by much at all?

I'm not going to bother getting a program made up as I went before to the same gym and they didn't do a great job. But my best-guy friend use to work in a gym... so I plan on embarrassing the hell out of myself and telling him the parts I most want to lose it from and go from there :)

I've never heard of a beeper before..!?

Hi Gonadoit

What is the tricords please

Hi Bethany, sorry I took so long to answer. I'm new here and slowly learning how to navigate around and find my way back to some threads I've posted in, lol. :D

The tricords are resistance bands like Kate said.

Gaiam - Resistance Cord Workout Kit

I'm hoping to get off my lazy butt and try these out tonight. :p

"Your" (I live in Canada) Gymophobics class sounds alot like a gym called Curves over here. A gym for ladies that is a special 30 min program using hydraulic resistance equipment.

I've heard many good things about it and had thought of joining once but at my consultation, I found out that they don't have childcare which having 3 children is a big deal. Even if I went during the day (when 2 are in school) as our littlest one is a toddler.

On the dvd I have, you do exercise your legs more. However in the beginner's level, your feet stay planted other than to do some squats. I quite liked it and do "feel it" today however I'm not hurting. I just feel like I've started an exercise program. :D

Good luck with your exercise programme i need to start but im so out of condition and easily get out of breath with this weight im carrying be glad when ive got rid of it but seems to be taking ages to lose

Thank you! And hey, you know what? I haven't done any serious form of exercise in years. Look at my ticker, I've got a ton more weight than you to lose. The key though is to start slowly and just try your best. Even a little exercise is better than none. You could work your way up, that's what I plan to do. For instance, the tricord dvd has 3 levels. 3 people are exercising at the same time and for what ever level I'm doing, that's the person I follow. I'm level one right now but if I keep it up then I'll move up in a few weeks. And while a few weeks seems like a long time, I have to remember that "a few weeks" will take even longer if I don't start and keep at it. ;) Goodluck, you'll find something you like. :)

Back