Exercise

Hi everyone

Well, the bad news this week is I put on half a pound! Despite sticking to plan and walking 11 miles over the week and doing aerobic DVD.
However the positive is I have lost 3 inches from my top half :) so it is coming off, just not showing on the scales.:(
A bit confusing but atleast it's a positive to hang on to.
I have osteoarthritis but I have found exercise has really helped me get my joints moving.
I am not saying it doesn't hurt sometimes, doing exercise, but I am lucky enough to have found the right balance, for now.I understand it can be really difficult for some of you:(

Really enjoyed reading your thread. I used to go running and it kept the weight off last year when I was doing sw before. I then twisted my ankle playing netball and haven't been since. You have inspired me and I will be getting my kit ready before I go to bed tonight to go for a run in the morning. Thank you.

I did some walking this morning at quite a pace something i havent done in eons. I can only really walk on flat ground these days so path walking (rather than country walking) is best for me

Wow, Kate, that is really good news.
Well done! :)

After having read this I am sitting on the sofa watching TV trying to convince myself to start my couch to 5k thing.
I really want too and it just seems that I keep making excuses.
I just need to get up!

Tomorrow is day one then!!!:)
I haven't started Couch25k yet, maybe tomorrow!;)

WHOOOOOOOOOOP!!
Thank you all.
Just started it tonight and it was great.
Almost threw up and wasnt sure I could do the last run but I did and im so pleased!!
Thanks =D

Its a podcast that plays music and a girl tells you when to wal and when to run. Starts with 5 minutes of walking then alternates walking (90 seconds) and running (60 seconds) and builds up more running each week. You do it 3 times a week and it aims to having you running 5km in 30 minuts in 9 weeks.

You can do it Kate, just go for it. You could do the first session as fast walk and walk and redo it until you are doing the run. I think that it doesn't actually start from couch.. I think it starts higher than that, assuming that you can walk 30 mins - which is fine if you are not literally starting from the couch: if that makes sense!
Just go for it, you will feel great :)
I guess I have a different version cos I have a man telling me what to do!
Tracy x

You can choose a man or a woman I think. I decided to buy the app of it for iPhone. It's brilliant. You can listen to your own music and it still tells you. There's a journal and a gps tracker and calorie counter too. I love it.

Hi, I downloaded Couch25k on to my ipod from the NHS site. It is easy to do but if help required let me know?
Doing my first day today as the sun is shining!:)

Hi Ladies , been on slimmin world a couple of months now , felling a wee bit better about myself and thought yesterday i would go for a 5k walk as I am shortly doing a 10k in May for Cancer. Anyway , I have been playing Badminton for the past 6 weeks and am getting a little fitter , Im not saying I am enjoying it but i am certainly making the effort to shift this fat. So , I go out walking and done the first 1.5 miles walking and decided on the way back that i was feeling good about myself so i decided to run a little , now ladies , I have never ran in my life , i have always been too heavy , so i am running for a song and walking for a song on my ipod. This is all fine till i get home , I am absolutely exhausted , i am pleased as punch with myself and cant stop talking , adrenalin must be pumped up. I slept like a log last night and low and behold woke up this morning and felt like I had been hit by a train!!!! I fell dreadfull , tired , slow , i have taken the dreaded monthly and I am thinking too myself , why on earth do people do this , how can this be fun and how can people enjoy felling like this. Am I the only person that this has happened to , should i try and push muself to go out again tonight , what do you think ladies ?:cry::cry::cry:

ive downloaded the C25K onto my itunes on my comp but havint got it onto my ipod yet as know i need to up my walking each day before i start

Hi arliparli

So sorry you feel rough today, I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps try a gentle walk for a few days and then go into the running again. Fantastic that you did so well, now trick your body into having a little rest. Feel better soon
Tx

Ive had a good fast walk tonight (for me anyway) not too long tho but my biggest achievement is the fact I have signed up for the race for life 5K race in June - i intend to walk most of it but will jog some if i can by then lol I have never done anything like this before!

Kate that is fantastic!! What an achievement that will be!! Good luck!!

Btw, warning to those who are just starting. Maybe just me but I started the other night and did it at about 730pm. Was full on wheezing at some points but kept going and I have woken up this morning with a really terrible sore throat. I'm guessing the hard heavy breathing mixed with the colder night air did it. Not giving up but just a wee warning to others.

Back