Exercise

NEPriest

I know exante say to do 20 mins exercise a day, but would it be advisable to start the NHS couch to 5k programme? I'm thinking of trying this.

Not heard of it. I did a 20 min walk today and then 10 mins on vibroplate.

How much does it involve daily. My sister is on lipotrim and not allowed to exercise at all when on ts

I think you do about 30 mins 3 times a week. It basically takes you from no running to running 5k over 9 weeks.

Should be ok. But I'm no expert I'm afraid. You can email exante yo ask.

Hiya I think you need to take it easy for the 1st week or so, then just build up to exercise you're comfortable with.

How much does it involve daily. My sister is on lipotrim and not allowed to exercise at all when on ts
I'm surprised at that, I did LT for 12weeks a few years ago & was advised exercise was fine. I used to go on the cross-trainer for 30mins every day.
You probably can't expect your body to be able to do heavy exercises on such few cals, I'd say just be sensible x

I think it'd be fine and this is something I'm thinking about starting too.
Because you build up to the running I reckon it'd be fine to do, it's not like you start off running miles at a time.

I know exante say to do 20 mins exercise a day, but would it be advisable to start the NHS couch to 5k programme? I'm thinking of trying this.

Just read FAQ and they are promoting the couch to 5k so as long as you take it easy at start you will be fine Hun x

Thanks again for the advice. Now to decide when to go for my first 'run'. I am a bit worried about peeps looking at me huffing and puffing away.

Im on Lipotrim and do exercise. I wasnt told not to an exercise. I was just told to bear in mind that it can affect the rate at which you loose weight, as muscle can weigh more. I get a lot of enjoyment from exercise (i never thought those words would pass my lips) and as im loosing weight its helping me tone up. I took up jogging this year, started off by running for a minute and then walking for a minute and so on, its a great way to build yourself up and introduce running gradually. It was a huge achievement for me to run the 5k race for life recently, so id say go for it!

Tip: When you start your running routine, you could begin by running from one lampost to the next, then walk from that lampost to the next one, then run from that one to the next one.......Good luck

When I was on Lipotrim I did exercise pretty much straight away - it was recommended that you just take it easy for the 1st couple of weeks and perhaps reduce your work load and then increase back to normal. However there were ladies that were exercising pretty much at their normal rate the whole way through. With regards to C25K - have a read of the diaries of Summergurl on the LT Maintenance Forums - she has done really well but she started her training when she had completed her LT bits. Good luck with that - good for you.

I am fancying the couch to 5k program, just waiting for DH to fix the wire on my treadmill like he promised a couple years ago.

I think it'd be fine and this is something I'm thinking about starting too.
Because you build up to the running I reckon it'd be fine to do, it's not like you start off running miles at a time.

Hi are your week things done in your signature? X

Back