Exercise?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by beckbee29, 22 August 2011 Social URL.

1. beckbee29

beckbee29 Member

Hi all, I'm on week 4 of ss ss+ is there any contraindication for exercise? I ask as I went mountain walking yest and it nearly killed me! I just didn't feel like I had the energy. I want to start jogging but am worried bout the lack of energy, will it affect? Or is it just psychological I'm telling myself I haven't enough energy? Thanks guys xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Hiya - the answer is complicated. Did you used to mountain walk or job before? If so - you can have a go at both moderately but you have to go easy. I started CD this year at a BMI of 40 - after 3 weeks I began hiking again (I was used to 16 mile walks) I cut back to doing an 8miler near civilisation and extended my distances until I was up to 13 miles. After which point I kept that as my maximum. I accidentally got lost on a walk and turned it from a 9 mile walk with a few gentle climbs into a nightmare of looping up and down over a ridge as I tried to find my bearings. That totally tuckered me out. Not in a terrible way, but it wasn't fun either. On those long days out I also made sure I had two bars with me, in case I got knackered or faint. They were kind of my kendal mint cake! I also carried coke zero for a caffeine boost if I really needed it.

Eventually SSing makes you feel zingy (not every day, granted!)

Also - I jogged on SS, but again, I kept my mileage right down and no more than 5k without being on SS+ or above. That was what worked for me, just to give you some pointers. Just don't push yourself and take it a bit at a time.

On LL back in 2007, I walked down Samaria Gorge in Crete - that's a climb down the side of a mountain - a 16k gorge walk in total (admittedly downhill all the way!). No worries. I was Very Sleepy at the end of the day, but I was totally high on exercise and scenery endorphins!!

4. Daveypefc

Daveypefc Member

Hi on the lower steps ideally you should avoid anything that is above normal in simple terms, you have enough energy to function but not to do anymore, I believe you can start light exercise on the 810 plan upwards

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.