Exercise

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
I'm gonna up my exercise this week cos I haven't been on my wii at all since I started this, I walk a fair bit but I need to get on the wii. I have wii zumba that mum bought me for my birthday in July & it's still in the cellophane wrapper!!! I think now I have lost nearly a stone I will be less out of breathe. In fact I may pop on now actually - well after I finish watching Holby that is.....

How much do you all try to do a week?

My AIM is two runs per week. I run for 30 mins with 5 mins walking either side and I am working on increasing the speed I run at until I can run 5km in 30 mins. That is some while away yet! After that I do some weighted sit ups and free weights for my arms. Bit paranoid about ending up with saggy arms. Zumba for an hour once per week. Best exercise ever! Sometimes I go swimming for an hour at the weekend or slot in an extra run. Other times I don't do anything other than the zumba class, just depends how crazy work is. Thankfully my boss is quite understanding about zumba so I don't miss that.

Thats great Seren!!!! I went on only for 15 minutes though as had to do a couple of bits before I went out but its 15 minutes more than normal & better than nothing, I have also done about an hours walking today by the time I have done the school run & normally only do half an hour....

Can I jump on board with you coz exercise is where I lack in commitment :( so last week I walked 2 days (proper fast - was shattered) and did some dancing on the wii :)

This week I'm committing to:
Monday: walk
Tuesday: walk
Thursday: walk
& hopefully it will have a positive effect on WI Friday am!!

SerenRock said:
My AIM is two runs per week. I run for 30 mins with 5 mins walking either side and I am working on increasing the speed I run at until I can run 5km in 30 mins. That is some while away yet! After that I do some weighted sit ups and free weights for my arms. Bit paranoid about ending up with saggy arms. Zumba for an hour once per week. Best exercise ever! Sometimes I go swimming for an hour at the weekend or slot in an extra run. Other times I don't do anything other than the zumba class, just depends how crazy work is. Thankfully my boss is quite understanding about zumba so I don't miss that.

Wow! That's dedication X

Lexie2005 said:
Thats great Seren!!!! I went on only for 15 minutes though as had to do a couple of bits before I went out but its 15 minutes more than normal & better than nothing, I have also done about an hours walking today by the time I have done the school run & normally only do half an hour....

I completely agree, even 15 minutes here and there is beneficial X

I aim to do at least 4-5 sessions per week. I was a massive gym bunny and always found littel effect - though did manage to start running on the tredmill for 15mins without stopping. That was a huge achievement for me!! But still, little effect apart from affecting my fittness. Then I started weights...which def toned up my arms. Im now swimming and doing some weights (using my own body weight as opposed to lifting hand wights) and if I cant swim use my step machine. On sky tele there are lots of workout programmes and I try to record them and try them once in a while. Wii I use sporadicallly, but am going to have some fun with it today.
A habit that I am trying to break is having 'treat's or a little extra because I have done exercise....in the end I cant lose as I end up balancing! This week I really stuck to a healthy diet and 4 exercise sessions....6lb loss!!! It can be done. I did not treat myself or allow myself a little extra just because I had done some exercise!!

gbee said:
I aim to do at least 4-5 sessions per week. I was a massive gym bunny and always found littel effect - though did manage to start running on the tredmill for 15mins without stopping. That was a huge achievement for me!! But still, little effect apart from affecting my fittness. Then I started weights...which def toned up my arms. Im now swimming and doing some weights (using my own body weight as opposed to lifting hand wights) and if I cant swim use my step machine. On sky tele there are lots of workout programmes and I try to record them and try them once in a while. Wii I use sporadicallly, but am going to have some fun with it today.
A habit that I am trying to break is having 'treat's or a little extra because I have done exercise....in the end I cant lose as I end up balancing! This week I really stuck to a healthy diet and 4 exercise sessions....6lb loss!!! It can be done. I did not treat myself or allow myself a little extra just because I had done some exercise!!

6lb is fantastic, nice one!! X

The weird thing (actually not weird at all since it often spoken off) is if I can drag my ass there, I bloody love it. I just slack off too easily. On friday I did my mix it up thing since it was an "extra" and I never ever thought I'd think a 15 min run was "easy". Me! I can do that! It was a HUGE feeling.

Walking is one of the best exercises you can do, and is proven to be a lot more effective and less damaging than running...so walk on hun! :)

Hi bunny
How have you been?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back