Exercise

chubbers

I have been doing 20 minutes of jogging a day which according to my tracker burns about 200 calories. Do you think I should be having 4 packs instead of just 3? I just realised its making my calorie intake pretty low but I am still losing weight at the moment... x

this is my worry with exercise, personally i would either even up the cals or not do anyhing strenuous like the jogging but i dont know he correct answer, try the slim and save cha box, they will email u answer if no on chat live

i do tae kwon do twice a week started just before i started this, its very energetic lol

on the days im doing my class i have a slightly bigger chicken fillet and a few more veggies and so far ive been fine,

i do tone up a little each night but its 20 mins and not a huge amount of work so i dont add anything as im losing well so far but this may change x

I have a long way to go on the exercise front but I do 15 minutes a day on the air walker and 10 reps of upper body toning. Its hard to know what exercise is safe. If we go for it are we burning fat or do we run the risk of burning tissue. I for one have got a fair bit of fat for my metabolism to feast on first.

I reckon it's fat lynee all the time we have lots of fat to lose. Maybe the losing tissue thing kicks in when body fat approaches normal?

Yes, I suspect that's the case BG. If you are doing what you should be doing on the VLCD, you are burning fat, until there's no fat to burn in which case you shouldn't be on a vlcd. I guess that's why knowing your BMI is so crucial on this plan.

Oh my gosh I hurt lol I would def recommend taking up tae kwon do!

We started 3 weeks ago as a family and all 4 of us love but MAN it's hard work but again supportive and fun..... I def think its gonna help x yellow tag belt grading in 4weeks we hope x

To be honest I haven't done any planned exercise since I started as after being on my feet all day running after 7 years olds, I am shattered when I get home. Not to mention I am now eating aroun 1800 calories less than I was! lol I am going to start some planned exercise after week 3!

LL medical team in response to excercise question

HI Found this about excercise on a LL forum. A poster had a question and wrote to LL medical team for a response. Just in case it helps anyone.

'It¹s important that clients do not overdo it whilst in abstinence, and so we do not recommend a client to start a strenuous activity regimen whilst using abstinence.

Physical activity is very important for good health in the general population and is particularly important for weight management; therefore, it is important to establish good habits right from the start. However our advice to clients is to begin to move around more often, with gentle activities such as walking and exercises as recommended on the weekly DVDs, and to gradually build on this.

Some clients may, do of course already have physical activity regimes and we would encourage them to continue with these activities, providing however that the activities are moderate and not excessive. They might need to reduce the intensity of their regimen for the first couple of weeks in abstinence; when they are in full ketosis, they will probably be able to resume their original levels of exercise. However, if a client regularly participates in very strenuous, prolonged activity we do advise that they seek professional expert advice eg from a sports physiologist as this may not be appropriate while in abstinence.

If at any time while exercising a client feels unwell, they should stop immediately and seek medical advice (eg from their GP). I hope this is helpful'

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/37127-getting-back-into-ketosis.html

Last edited:
when I did the Cambridge diet they gave you some medical advice as why not to exercise too much, walking was all they recommended. something to do with muscles and the heart being a muscle, it was quite scientific. However, I did a small run this week - cant walk now due to shin splints :/ as I also walked 4-5 miles yesterday.

I did take 4 a day though as I felt a bit woosy!

weigh in day for me but as I've not got a lot to lose I didn't follow plan at weekend.

Im the same spongeblobby, been doing exercise but it has made me feel quite light headed some days. I'v only got a bit left to lose but its coming off soo slowly I thought jogging might help it along and also tone up a bit. xx

i love TKD because its about toning and stretching as well as strengthening the whole body, not just about beating people up lol,

last night we did tummy crunches and lower leg exercises to help build calfs and tone thighs it was great! i can now do 10 girly pressups as well , im by far the biggest person there as im in the beginners class and apart from my OH all the others are 5-12 years old , they love laughing at us, but its all friendly and they love the fact we join in whilst their parents sit outside in the car....

i think if you build up slowly and stop when its too much for you then you should be ok,

i also have 4 packs plus chicken and veggies on my training days and so far so good :)

there is plenty of time yet if you dont feel up to starting just yet x

Just re-reading your twinkabelle about 4 packs and chicken. I want to start exercising more now I am in week 4 and I am on 4 packs a day. Are you having good losses with 4 packs plus chicken when you work out? I don't want to under eat when working out so was just wondering how to do this x

Back