Exercise

Hi everyone :)

I am curious to see your personal experience with weight loss and exercise.

I started LLT last week at 15st 5lbs and my goal is about 11st 6lbs.
I exercise a couple of times a week and stand for most of my job.

For those of you that have had really good weight losses, do you exercise? If you could provide some stats like height/weight etc.

For those who were having ok losses, did you start to exercise and see an improvement?

Hope you're all ok! x x

It's mostly because in the past I have found that exercise has not always helped (but I still enjoy it).

If you're not sure about doing high impact exercise why not try swimming, I started swimming last week and i can already feel the difference in my body.

I lost 3lbs last week, not a huge loss. But i know i'm toning up.

I love swimming, i haven't been doing any major exercise just general walking and haven't been disappointed with my losses so far (touch wood touch wood) Swimming is a great all over workout as trim t said it tones you up x

Thank you both :) I do like swimming but due to my shift work (and no car) the pool hours by me don't fit in... but have a gym membership.
Shifts will hopefully change soon :) x x

I started at 19 stone 4 lbs at the end of July and am now 11 stone 12 lbs. Have to admit that I haven't done much exercise - just been more active because I feel like it! I have a personal trainer lined up for once I'm done but he refuses to train me whilst I'm on the diet...

weasey that's a shame, can't he tame down a regime for you? surely it doesn't have to be too hardcore if you want to start exercising now.

I went through the fist 10 weeks without exercising (although I was a runner prior to starting LL). I recently started running again, but I am building up very slowly - doing running/walking for an hour three times a week.

I didn't start exercising until I was about one stone from my target. Since then I have noticed that my weight loss has dropped off by about one pound a week. This could be because i am close to my ideal weight. But on the other hand, my legs are more toned, I have abs for the first time in years and my arms are starting to tone up.

I know that exercising is essential to maintain my weight, so I wanted it to be part of my routine as soon as I reach target.

He is very anti the diet and doesn't feel that it's safe to train on 550 cals a day. I disagree with his reasoning but at least he cares and by taking the stance he is turning down money so I respect him for it. I do do a lot of walking though - but I always have done so not new for the diet. I keep thinking I should increase the exercise but haven't quite convinced myself to do it yet!

Thanks everyone for your help :)
And weasy, congrats on all your success! My word you are an inspiration :) At my heaviest I was 20stone and got down to 11st 2.5lbs via weight watchers, then atkins... but fell off the wagon after 4 years :/
It says you are doing LL and Slim and Save. Do you find one easier than the other? Or was it a monetary thing? LL is quite expensive for me so not sure how long I can keep it up.

Thanks again x x

likeafirework said:
It says you are doing LL and Slim and Save. Do you find one easier than the other? Or was it a monetary thing? LL is quite expensive for me so not sure how long I can keep it up.

I tried some of the Slim and Save packs when my dad was looking for a VLCD programme but didn't live close enough to a LL class (don't think he wanted to do the therapy either!). Found I absolutely loved some of their food! As they are also 4 packs a day so I'm getting the right level of nutrients I now do LL but substitute some of the packs with Slim and Save ones. I want spare packs for the end anyway as I find it hard to have breakfast but I love the LL apple and cin porridge or a vanilla shake with hot coffee. Also, my husband uses my LL bars as protein bars! I have mainly stayed with LL because I think the therapy is really important for me and I will need the support through route to maintenance. Slim and Save is much cheaper though. My dad is loving Slim and Save too.

thanks weasy :) so far the LL classes are brill and I am loving the group support :)
Thanks again x x

Its great that you trust his judgement Weasey, it'll make for a good trainer relationship when you do start.

Good luck

Back