Exercise??

GemsGem

Hi guys,

Just looking for a little help really, I have started exante after weeks of telling myself I can do this on weight watchers only to find that the weight was well and truly stuck. I've lost 6lbs in my first three day and very happy ?

My worry is I tried the gym last night, where I can usually manage 45 min of the cross trainer, I struggled to do ten. My body ached all over... Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips? Trying to do exercise along side the diet to get get things moving.

Also I hear you can drink coke zero and dr pepper zero... Is this right?

Any help would be great.

Good luck everyone xxxx

Hi. I'm no expert but will pass on my OH's experience. He's a regular at the gym, normally an hour a night. Since starting Exante he was shattered and weary so he's been adding an extra shake (or two) when necessary. He's got a protein shake that's much lower carbs and sometimes has those as the extras. He's feeling better in the last couple of days and has lost 11lb in 9 days! I don't exercise at the mo but read here that you should take it very easy for the first couple of weeks until your body is used to the diet and then 20mins or so a day, leading up to your normal. If you want to do so much at the gym you could consider WS and add in some chicken breasts? It's all so individual!

And yes, coke zero and Dr Pepper zero are fine, though I think they make me hungry lol!

Good luck :)

I would not do any work outs of any sort for the first two weeks and i mean hard work outs. You must let your body get used to the diet. And I would just start by a long walk each day and then work up to the gym stage. Bit by bit and your body will thank you

Thanks guys... I have backed off the gym a little but struggling to keep up with the wii fit now. I'm in my second week now. I lost 6lb in my first week but with so much to loose I would've liked a little more. Read somewhere on here too much exercise can slow down your weight loss on a vlcd.

Is this normal?? X

I am going to start working out and I will let you know how it goes. I have never worked out on a VLDC before so I really don't know how it is going to go. I am thinking of doing zumba, pilates and swimming. I say that now but a few more days in and I might be less motivated.

Keep us posted! x

I'm on day 17 and started 20 mins exercise each day 2 days ago and I felt hungry for the first time ever on this diet last night. I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm going to see how I am today and may have some chicken each day to help. I think your body does need a bit more than TS when exercising, but as I say, that's just from my experience in the last couple of days x

Thanks guys, I guess I'm exercising for a faster result but don't want to be slowing in down. I lost 6lb week 1 and 7lb week 2 so I guess I can't complain :)

I'm going to keep up with the exercise as I want to be fit as well as slim, although sometimes I have a little chicken/tuna/egg but never higher in calories than what I work off (my fitness pal is great!)

How's everyone else getting on? xx

Back