Exercise?

Kate78

Hey Minis

My LLC is trying to convince us all to go to the gym for hard core exercise.

I'm not convinced that this is a great idea on 500 cals a day and in all honesty while I'm not ill and it is all bearable i'm struggling enough without adding the whole exercise thing in.

She's saying it's my negative chatterbox and it's all fine, just wondering what exercise everyone else does, and what your experiences have been.

Kate x

Hey Minis

My LLC is trying to convince us all to go to the gym for hard core exercise.

I'm not convinced that this is a great idea on 500 cals a day and in all honesty while I'm not ill and it is all bearable i'm struggling enough without adding the whole exercise thing in.

She's saying it's my negative chatterbox and it's all fine, just wondering what exercise everyone else does, and what your experiences have been.

Kate x

ermmmmm.....dunno bout LL....but I would assume it's similar to CD in that if you are SS-ing or on 790cals, your body just doesn't have the carbs to do 'hard core' exercise (whatever that is !!!)

Walking, swimming, yoga, pilates, even light toning exercise are all fine but (unless you've always done it) then no 'hard core' exercise please.....:eek:

.....double check with her to find out what she means by 'hard core' ?? and ask her if she thinks that this should be done while following abstinence.....

hth

Debz xx

My LLC is a qualified nutritionalist and eating disorder 'expert' and her advice was gentle exercise for no more than 30 minutes 3 days a week. She has actively discouraged one of our girls from replacing her addiction for food for an addiction for exercise. She does say increase your exercise as you lose weight but don't go silly! I've taken her advice and at the moment I go for walks but as my weight comes off I'll increase what I do. It takes a huge amount of exercise to lose weight, she is more interested in working your heart and lungs to make you healthier:)

Hi Kate,

I think excessive exercise when you are on 500 cals may not be a good idea.

You seem to be doing the right thing by listening to your own body.

I started 13 weeks ago and did nil exercise accept for a bit of mild walking here and there. I now walk three times a week for 15/20mins and also muck out the horses everyday. I couldnt of done this at the beginning.

So my advice is listen to your body and increase exercises slowly.

Good luck

Thanks Debz, Bex & LadyLite, my LLC is suggesting full on cardio, running, aerobics, etc for at least 4 hours a week, I do think that this is crazy!
I am going to try and do a little bit more, I think that I will do a compromise of bringing my MBTs into work and trying to do 30mins round the block at lunchtime, it will probably be a good thing to get a break from my desk as well, now I don't need to go and get sandwiches, starbucks and junk food all day don't really get a break from the screen!!

Thats a good idea, I found when I started I didnt quite know what to do in my lunch hour, usually went food shopping and eating.

Now I go for a walk. As you get slimmer you can go in shops you never dared go in before at least thats what I do now. I am always looking for things that I am gonna wear when I get to goal, its great fun.

I love swimming and am quite good at it, but while SS ing I just can't do it. A few lengths and I become very shaky and light headed that lasts for hours. One time I even had to eat carbs for it to subside. I had done 15 lengths and can do 40 usually on a normal diet. It didn't stop by eating a shake, so I had to come out of ketosis. (I did jump straight back into it the next day though). It has happened since only this time I was aware of it and stopped, and drank and ate. So while SS ing I only walk the dog, and not too vigorously then either as I can feel it happen then too.

I'm usually fairly sedentary, with some walking etc but last week I was working for 6 days straight on my feet for 12 hours per day (I'm on Cambridge SS) and by the time I got home on Friday night I was so tired I could have cried. I don't remember being so physically exhausted, and could barely walk up and down stairs all weekend!

So, my advice would be not to do too much more than you normally do, or if you do, then build up very gradually.

Strengthening core muscles would be a good idea tho', gently tightening all those abs for when they begin to appear!

I have to admit, the past 2 weeks (this is week 6 for me right now) I have been down the gym.....last week I lost 4lbs, so not much difference, and I get weighed tomorrow night again, so see if anything has dropped off tomorrow.

When at the gym, I am doing quite a tough workout - and I am not feeling light headed or anything, but I guess it is up to the individual? I don't know, I just have a lot of energy right now, and going to the gym burns it up!

But I don't know if I am doing the right thing by going and burning lots of cal or if I am harming myself. My reasoning for going is, that I am going to probably have to do some exercise when this is all over, so I may as well get used to it and at least try to start enjoying it now......

Back