Exercise??

Hey all,

On day 4 of Exante TS and wondering on people's views on exercise while on TS?

Have people been waiting to adjust to the diet first or jumping straight into it?

Hi carrottop,

I waited about a week to start in my treadmill again, only because on a VLCD if you were to exercise while your not in ketosis your body takes the assumption that your starving yourself and will just hold on to the fat you already have.

Hope it helps :) x

Ah thanks for the advice! I started trying gillian's 30 day shred (is only a 20 min workout session) on day 3 (yesterday), fingers crossed I was close to ketosis, my OH was at that point but not sure about me!! Truth is my muscles seem to be complaining a lot more than usual. I'm assuming though that once you are actually in ketosis even if you were exercising before it would no longer have a difference?

Sorry no longer make a difference

I started very gentle exercise on day one and built it up gradually carrottop, and I was very out of practice! Within a month I was running 4-5 miles 3 times a week and have stuck to this ever since - in my head that's good for at least half a pound of fat a week, LOL! I do think I'm slower than I used to be, but speed doesn't interest me any more. Listen to your body - if you're finding it hard, slow down, or stop altogether and take a couple of days off, and then try again - you have the rest of your life to get fitter! :D

Have read some threads about the exercise plan and apparently the inability to sit down goes away after day 2 haha! I have also discovered it's not supposed to be 30 days straight so will just do something gentle tomorrow :). I used to exercise a hell of a lot so I always act surprised when I'm not at the same level of fitness after sitting on my bum for a month.. Shocker!! I'll take it slow :) Thank you!!

Hi Carrottop.xo, It took me a couple of weeks before i could really do any exercise i kept feeling light headed even walking the dog was an effort.
But then i seemed to have an abundance of energy lets keep it real 600 cals a day on TS can't run a marathon i was doing about 30 mins a day nothing to strenuous walking the dog slow jogging or some days just cleaning the house. If you stick to TS 100% it will work but the first week for me was hard.
I used Exante TS only for 6 weeks to give me a big kick up the bum and lose some weight quickly to enable me to start jogging/running again.
I've now lost just over 2 stone and still losing, now i'm back on normal food and finding it a lot easier and enjoyable to go running.

Good luck on your journey,

Back