Exercise

not_lar_croft

Silver Member
What exercise does anyone take?

I walk to work and home again but that really is the only exercise I do.

Have been thinking of joining a gym and there seems a lot about Gymphobics in the press. Do any of you attend Gymphobics and if so how do you find it?

Thought of getting a cross trainer otherwise.

Do you think you need to do lots of exercise as well as following the diets?

:confused:

I go to the gym twice a week for 50 mins each time, and afterwards I swim (very slowly!!). I know I should go more often, but I can't say I enjoy it greatly-which is partly why i am overweight! lol! Its hard getting motivated sometimes!

Other than walking around the shops, I don't get much exercise tho I really, really intend to. Have got 2 new exercise DVDs so am planning on doing them a couple of times a week (if I can!!). The wii fit is good too but I find I use it for awhile and then get fed up. I would love to exercise more often as you get such a buzz from it and it is good for your health, xx

just now i only walk, i walk everywhere though, as i dont like buses. I've got a membership at the gym, but with not being well, i've not had a chance to go back yet. Normally i would do classes, the gym, and go swimming and for a turkish bath.

i do wii fit for half an hour a day , i really enjoy it lol , i didt want to go mad as this is a life style change , so wanted to do something i enjoyed , it really is helping , hopefully we will start seeing results

I train for my martial arts for 5 hours per week and do 2-4 90 minute gym sessions every week.

SW will work with or without exercise but to make sure your skin shrinks back with you it's a good idea to do something. It's important to find something you enjoy and can sustain

I quite fancy martial arts, what kind do you do? and how do you get into it? I did judo when i was 6, haha.

I do approximately bugger all excercise just now, but have just signed up for the 'Moonwalk' which is a 26-mile walk for breast cancer. Holy crap im going to have to start training 3 months ago.

oh I'd love to do the Moonwalk!

I do karate and kickboxing, I just joined my local academy and started off with karate and I have my black belt grading at the end of this year.

Oooh, I'd say don't go wasting money on gym membership until you know for deffo that you're going to keep going. Try your local sports centre for a while (I used to go to the Commonwealth in Edinburgh and it was great) and then decide.

I can't plug yoga enough - yogamazing.com is a great site if you want to follow a podcast. It really helps tone you up.

Moonwalk sounds great - is there a website?

I walk and play tennis on my Wii that's about it im afraid, i do have my fitness coach for the wii but haven't used it much lately, the tennis is great tho!!

I teach jive for 4 hours a week, swim twice a week and do a bit of walking when I can. I also use the Wii Fit too.

I have a wii fit, a cross trainer, a bike and numerous exercise dvds - NONE of which I use!!!

I never seem to find the time, and that is the poorest excuse for not exercising I know as I can find the time for other things.

I agree with Harrie, don't join a gym unless you know you will go, maybe see if you can have a month's trial and see how often you use it. Some gyms will let you join for a month.

The only thing I do is walk the dog, I walk fast so I get a little warm and out of breath and I walk for up to an hour a day, sometimes on 2 separate occassions. I lost all my weight not exercising so it does work but I now need to tone up and am enjoying walking, I sleep much better!!

Whatever you do, do something you enjoy otherwise it won't last!!

I am going to start using the wii fit in the morning before my shower - luckily enough i have a while off to get me into it :)

I do my fitness dvd twice per week and walk on my lunch break with colleagues its better to have people to chat with! I also play on the wii as much as possible. I enjoy it thats why I exercise but my friend doesnt exercise at all and looses weight slower with sw, so it can work without if you dont enjoy it.

Well my excerise varies from day to day but it goes something like this since my last weigh in:
Friday 7 mile run
Saturday 8 hour hill walk
Sunday rest, but I did cut the lawn.
Monday 6 mile run.
Tuesday, tomorrow I am hillwalking again.
Wed probably 6/7 mile run.
Thur weigh day, will probably run before hand, then put my feet up for the rest of the day.

Well my excerise varies from day to day but it goes something like this since my last weigh in:
Friday 7 mile run
Saturday 8 hour hill walk
Sunday rest, but I did cut the lawn.
Monday 6 mile run.
Tuesday, tomorrow I am hillwalking again.
Wed probably 6/7 mile run.
Thur weigh day, will probably run before hand, then put my feet up for the rest of the day.
Wow you do a lot of walking and running! I'm not allowed to run as I have HMS and my knees are bad. My weekly exercise looks like this:

Sunday: 90 minute gym session
Monday: 2 hours MA training
Tuesday: 90 minute gym session
Wednesday: 90 minute gym session, 1 hour MA training
Thursday: 2 hours MA training
Friday: Day off, some times 90 minute gym session
Saturday: Day off

I bought daughter a wii fit for her birthday with the fitness coach game too and have not been able to have a go as did the tendon in my foot so am still recovering. I have a treadmill in house too that I am dying to get back on and love walking but not managing that either :( was hoping to go swimming tonight but we never made it there but will go next mon or maybe fri if we can fit it in.

i done the full moonwalk last year, and did the half moonwalk 2 years before that. Was so much fun, and for a great cause. Must admit its so much harder doing it on the actual night though, than all your practising. Would have loved to have done it again this year. xx

Back