Exercise

Indianprincess

Hi need some advice esp from a CDC. Ive just joined the gym as I feel so much for energy and feel lighter too :D.
I used to train very hard when I lost alot of weight before but just wanted some advice.
Im on ss and worried about the few calories I consume. Im planning to train about 4 times a week, doing kettlebell training which is a very hard workout, powerplates, boxercise and cardio. Do I need to be on a higher plan or should I change to something like weight watchers were Ill be getting more calories and still losing weight?

Hiya, I am doing LL but still a similar amount of calories (I believe). I used to do a 45 minutes full on kettlebell class which would burn 800 calories an hour - I have knocked this on the head whilst in abstinence as the chances are I would have only had 260ish by the time I went (at lunchtime) so I really wasn't convinced it would be a good move, don't want to fall over! Good luck though!

Thanks hun. I might try Low GI or maybe a higher plan. Gosh Im so confused :(

KD has posted on here several time regarding exercise whilst on SS, and her general feedback is that resistance training is better on the lower plans rather than cardio.

A piece of advice from someone who has been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and blacked out on a treadmill going at 9mph ...... be VERY careful about overdoing it when on SS. Take it easy, and if you want to up your exercise then go up the plans. My CDC, and I believe KD gave me the same advice, that at the 1200 plan you are pretty safe to do what exercise you want.

I am sure KD will be along soon with her words of wisdon on this matter ......

I think it is that you consume so few calories, only enough for your body to work on that if you start burning the calories at high rates your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to your weight. It is probably better to have an extra shake if you are going to exercise.

Hi

On my exercise days i up my intake before hand with protein, i feel fine during and after but then again im not buring 800 cals per hour, prob 400-600 per hour.

This seems to work well for me and was my CDC advise also, but my weight loss has slowed down but im happy with that as i also want to be nice and toned too.

I think it will be trial and error for you but as others have mentioned be very careful as you dont want to have any accidents or nasty turns!

xxx

I have done a lot of exercise while dieting in the past. I worked out on cardio for 80 mins a day while only consuming about 500 calories. This was in addition to a very active job that involved lots of walking, climbing stairs and carrying equipment around. Id go for a mile walk during my half an hour lunch break. After evening meal Id go to a supermarket and walk round aimlessly looking (and not even want anything). Basically I would do as much as I could thinking I would be thinner quicker. I did this for 7+ months.

Truth is it made me very ill. I blacked out several times a day, was constantly light headed and all I seemed to do was sleep. This time it has to be done the right way!

Please take it easy. The consequences arent nice.

I've just gone back onto shakes and bars only for a couple of weeks after losing 4 n half stone. On 2nd day so got bit of headache and feeling bit light headed if i move fast (not like me really!)

I go to an hour exercise class to music twice a week. bit of jumping up and down, stretching, belly toning and relaxation - hoping when i go tomorrow i will be alright as feeling a bit wobbly - might just stick to walking the dog for this week?!

Yes - the results can be dire. I chipped a tooth, cut my head quite badly, dislocated my shoulder, and popped a rib.

Not worth it, believe me. I have learned from that episode and I WILL NOT exercise at all until I am back at 1200.

It hurt - a lot - and for a long time.

im on 810 and do quite a bit of excersize, which i did before i started CD, but try to keep it lighter than before - i cant run as hardcore as i could - and i feel great.

why dont you try to do a light bit more often as opposed to a session that could leave you wiped and then nothing the next day.

i think advice not to do any is a bit ropey, just make sure youre not overdoing it.

Everyone thank you so so much for your advice!
Ok so yesterday I went for a looonnngg walk. If your in London, I walked from Edgware Road to Tottenham Court Road which took about an hour, my OH suggested I do it, so I can see how I feel. Lord have mercy I nearly passed out about 4 times and felt awful after. I do like muscle ache after exercise(means Ive worked)! But I felt soo soo bad and light headed even after having my 4 shakes amd drinking a 1.5 litres of water (that I made my OH carry) hehehe!! I ended up having a small amount of chicken and 4 slices of cucumber because I felt so weak even crashed out on the sofa!!! And after hearing shoulders being dislocated and blacking out experiences...I WILL NOT do cardio. Ill do some weights etc and thats it.
So heres the plan. Im going to stick it out on CD till I get to 16stone! My aim is 12 stone. Im near 6 foot :( so Im going to then go onto either the 1200 or a low GI diet to get the last 4 off! I think I need to learn to eat better and also to stop being lazy and prep & cook meals! If I dont stick to it then Ill be back on CD pronto!!! What do you all think? I would have lost 7 stone by getting to 16 stone. Do you think I should? I just want some opinions to help me figure this all out. xxx

I the past few years, have been an active exerciser. I would do an hour of cardio each day, if not more. I would either do a fitness DVD at home, or bang out an hour in the gym on various cardio machines. During my cd i will be doing little bits but nothing as strenuous as before.

I have been advised to do very little in the first week as I will feel weak, but to add in the second and subsequent weeks. What i plan to do is walk, swim and maybe gentle country cycles. I am certainly not going to jepardise big losses for the sake of exercise. I will have plenty of time to exercise and tone when I reach my goal weight.

Back