Exercises for thigh slimming

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by westcountrygal, 7 August 2009 Social URL.

1. westcountrygal

westcountrygal New Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I carry a lot of fat on my thighs and find it difficult to get trousers to fit.
    What exercise could I do to focus on this area and try to slim them down?
    Is cycling good for thighs or will it just build up muscle? I run and swim quite a lot but this doesn't make any difference. I'm a member of a gym and there are lots of classes on offer but I don't know what type would be best for me.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    My thighs are trimming down nicely with squats and lunges (front back and side) Doesn't get rid of the fat specifically but tones the muscles underneath. I'd think spinning classes would be a good idea (if your heart can stand it!) Don't worry about building muscle you need to be a guy to do that!

4. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Have you tried dancing? I tried Salsa then rock n roll and they worked for me

5. tryer

tryer Silver Member

squats, yoga , pilates. and look at what your eating as well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.