Exercises in the home?

moobman

Ok this might sound daft but can someone recommend some low impact exercises that can be done in the home that dont require any additional equipment? (weights etc)Heres my issueim currently in the military but because I have an injury im pretty much treated like a leper so I dont want to go to the gym to try to lose weight (I tried it before and questions got asked about the severity of my injury). We have good gym facilities but im not going to be surrounded by meatheads (we do have a fair few of them) plus the music is pants.So anything that can be done indoors, with the curtains closed that wont mess up my spine would be a bonus.any thoughts?

I have found some of the Leslie Sansone walk at home DVDs to be fab. Particularly her 2 mile Walk and her 5 mile fat burning walk. Can be done by men and women and its low impact. The fat burning one does have a 2 min boost at the end of each mile ie a mini jog, but you do not have to do this you can power walk instead :)

I really like my Wii Fit board exercises, you don't feel like you're doing exercise when you're playing the games, but it really works :)

If you have a back problem I would have to say walking and core strengthening are enough, just take it slow and let your doctor know your plans. Only you know what you are capable of. I had a hip injury and lack of movement made my back and core weak. When I started out I couldnt walk to the end of the drive without breaking a sweat. The best thing I ever did was invest in a personal trainer for a few weeks initially and he got me mobile and fit again. He did more for me than the physio and chiropractor that I had seen and was worht every penny. I hope you recover soon xx

Back