Exercising on a vlcd

krazychic

What exercises do you do on vlcd? I have been told that you shouldn't be doing any at all but sitting around doing nothing is making me want to cheat. Any advice? I am doing Lipotrim by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

krazychic said:
What exercises do you do on vlcd? I have been told that you shouldn't be doing any at all but sitting around doing nothing is making me want to cheat. Any advice? I am doing Lipotrim by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did Lipotrim in 2008, stuck rigidly to the programme for an 11week stretch and lost a lot of weight. I did not have the energy to exercise for the first few weeks but did take up exercise in the last couple of weeks towards the end. I think you'd do well to take it easy for a while and then get back to exercise gradually. Listen to your body though and take care not to push yourself too hard. All the best!

I came off SnS just under two weeks ago (after sticking to it 100% for 9 weeks + 2 cut down weeks beforehand and losing about 2.5 st).
The principal reason I came off it, and onto ww, was so that I could start exercising and really start to tone and get fit as well as lose weight. I don't regret that VLCD at all. It was fantastic, but for me when I was comfortably out of obese and into overweight it became clear it was time to take thing slower on the weight-loss front but faster on the fitness front.
I know some people do exercise on a VLCD but I think they also have an extra pack. I found when I did exercise (heavy gardening for a weekend - didn't think of it as exercising at the time) I was really hungry for a few days afterwards and ended up having an extra pack anyway (didn't affect weight loss).
I would just experiment at bit (but don't be afraid to have an extra pack) - I wouldn't aim to do loads though. You could do something like the 30 day shred (as it is short) but down the cardio a bit if you need to and keep the weights on the ligher side.

trimlee said:
I did Lipotrim in 2008, stuck rigidly to the programme for an 11week stretch and lost a lot of weight. I did not have the energy to exercise for the first few weeks but did take up exercise in the last couple of weeks towards the end. I think you'd do well to take it easy for a while and then get back to exercise gradually. Listen to your body though and take care not to push yourself too hard. All the best!

thanks i am doing mostly strength exercises which i find is good at the moment

zeke said:
I came off SnS just under two weeks ago (after sticking to it 100% for 9 weeks + 2 cut down weeks beforehand and losing about 2.5 st).
The principal reason I came off it, and onto ww, was so that I could start exercising and really start to tone and get fit as well as lose weight. I don't regret that VLCD at all. It was fantastic, but for me when I was comfortably out of obese and into overweight it became clear it was time to take thing slower on the weight-loss front but faster on the fitness front.
I know some people do exercise on a VLCD but I think they also have an extra pack. I found when I did exercise (heavy gardening for a weekend - didn't think of it as exercising at the time) I was really hungry for a few days afterwards and ended up having an extra pack anyway (didn't affect weight loss).
I would just experiment at bit (but don't be afraid to have an extra pack) - I wouldn't aim to do loads though. You could do something like the 30 day shred (as it is short) but down the cardio a bit if you need to and keep the weights on the ligher side.

yea i am having an extra pack too, i do find i need it x

Back