Exercising on CD

Redlea

I met with my counsellor today and I'm starting the CD for the first time on Monday. I want to lose 4 stone. I asked my counsellor about exercising whilst on the diet and she said she will tell me when to start using weights to tone up.
However I'm worried about getting saggy skin as I've already got a wobbly tummy from having a baby a year ago. My counsellor said as I haven't lots to lose I should be fine but I think I should still try and tone up along the way.
Does anyone else exercise when on CD and has this helped prevent saggy skin? Also what exercise did you do?
I really don't want to lose the weight then try and tone up as I'm not sure how much exercise can get rid of saggy skin.
Thanks

Hi Redlea! I have much more than you to lose but I will share my experience nonetheless.

If you're not used to exercising, the CWP advises you not to exercising during the first 2 weeks and then gradually improve your fitness (walking, cycling, etc).

Because I was so unfit, I had to wait a whole month as I was really feeling weak, and that's on Step 2.

Now, I religiously do the 30-day Shred. My arms have definitely toned up and my bingo wings are much smaller. But it doesn't really help with my tummy and legs. It may be, however, that I still carry a lot of fat there.

However, for some reason, I have hit a plateau and have barely lost anything in the past 3 weeks I have been exercising. Is it only a coincidence? I don't know...

But I won't stop now. I can feel my muscle getting stronger, even under the folds of fat. I will start swimming too, to build up my endurance without the high impact of running.

It's also important to take care of your skin. I scrub at least twice a week with my home made body scrub. It's not as efficient as exercising but every little helps :)

Good luck with the diet. Are you doing Sole Source?

Redlea said:
I met with my counsellor today and I'm starting the CD for the first time on Monday. I want to lose 4 stone. I asked my counsellor about exercising whilst on the diet and she said she will tell me when to start using weights to tone up.
However I'm worried about getting saggy skin as I've already got a wobbly tummy from having a baby a year ago. My counsellor said as I haven't lots to lose I should be fine but I think I should still try and tone up along the way.
Does anyone else exercise when on CD and has this helped prevent saggy skin? Also what exercise did you do?
I really don't want to lose the weight then try and tone up as I'm not sure how much exercise can get rid of saggy skin.
Thanks

Exercise is good for muscle tone. Skin can only stretch back to a certain point.

My goal was to lose 4 stone too - having lost 3 of them, i can only say that my tummy looks gross now - the lose saggy skin is really horrible, ive been excercising for about the last 6 weeks and altho my tummy is nearly 10" smaller im afraid my skin has been stretched so much in pregnancies that i dont think it'll ever b gone.
You can try whatever u like but like above, your gonna tone muscle no doubt but if ur skins been stretched a lot it can only go back so far.
And dnt do too much high intesity excercise on ss - it can be dangerous! X

It depends on what u think high intensity is too. I can run 6 miles on ss and I'm ok but I am exercising all the time. Someone else might find this extreme.

Listen to your body when exercising and within your own terms range your exercise within 1-5 with 5 being hard and 1 being easy. My exercise thread was made a sticky if you want to nose it.

I'm on sole source and my first day has gone well. I am going to start scrubbing my body and I will start with gentle exercise. Thanks

Back