Exercising with arthritic knees?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Faustina, 17 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Faustina

Faustina wants a dancer's body.

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Just eating good food and watching the calories.
    Hey there,

I was told by my rheumatologist that cycling is good for my creaky knees. I have a treadmill that's doing my knees no good but don't want to get out on a bike in the city. I already walk in the park for a couple of miles every day.

Does anyone know of a good make of exercise bike or crosstrainer that I could use at home as I'm too shy for the gym or the pool? :eek: Are there any other exercises easy on the knees? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got slight arthitus behind my knee caps and was told that the creaky sounds are nothing to worry about. I train quite hard and can even run a bit now, squats can be hard because I just can't go as low as most people but I don't let it bother me, as long as you're not in any pain it need not hold you back. Build up the muscles in your legs that support your knee joints, the muscles on the front and back of your thighs.

4. Faustina

Faustina wants a dancer's body.

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Just eating good food and watching the calories.
    I can't believe you run, that's brilliant!! :bliss: I'd love to be able to do that but it kills my knees, they swell up and get so hot with pins and needles. Maybe with time?... She told me to build up those thigh muscles too. I'm thinking an exercise bike or crosstrainer may help... Your weight loss is inspiring Sugar LipsWales! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.