Exercising with arthritic knees?

Faustina

wants a dancer's body.
Hey there,

I was told by my rheumatologist that cycling is good for my creaky knees. I have a treadmill that's doing my knees no good but don't want to get out on a bike in the city. I already walk in the park for a couple of miles every day.

Does anyone know of a good make of exercise bike or crosstrainer that I could use at home as I'm too shy for the gym or the pool? :eek: Are there any other exercises easy on the knees? :confused:

I've got slight arthitus behind my knee caps and was told that the creaky sounds are nothing to worry about. I train quite hard and can even run a bit now, squats can be hard because I just can't go as low as most people but I don't let it bother me, as long as you're not in any pain it need not hold you back. Build up the muscles in your legs that support your knee joints, the muscles on the front and back of your thighs.

I can't believe you run, that's brilliant!! :bliss: I'd love to be able to do that but it kills my knees, they swell up and get so hot with pins and needles. Maybe with time?... She told me to build up those thigh muscles too. I'm thinking an exercise bike or crosstrainer may help... Your weight loss is inspiring Sugar LipsWales! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Back