Exercising with Fibroids

Katie1961

Does anyone have any good aerobic exercises that can be done if you have fibroids?
I suffer with awful pain if I do jogging or jumping jacks etc. Any tips would be great. :)
Thanks.

What about swimming

Thank you, funny how you get blinkered when you have a problem, went swimming last night and no pain! Thanks again.:)

Aww your welcome, I remember when I was at Uni and we had an ex olympic coach teach us swimming I've never sweated so much in water. Ha ha great work out easy on joints.

Anyway glad it's worked for you hun and I hope you get those fibroids sorted. Remember the gynae can sort them out for you. X

Aerobic exercise is one of the keys to significant and lasting weight loss. If you are knew to exercise, you should start out slow with a low impact cardio machine such as the stationary bike or the rowing machine.

If you are a little more advanced in your exercise and want to jump start your weight loss you should choose aerobic exercises that burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. Taking a high intensity cardio class is a great way to burn a lot of calories (700+ an hour) and to stay motivated. Joining a local gym will be one of the best ways to find classes and machines that will help you to lose weight quickly.
Running on the treadmill or moving on the elliptical machine are both proven ways to burn a lot of calories in a shorter amount of time. The elliptical machine is low impact and will get your heart rate up while helping you to shed pounds.
If you do not have access to a gym membership consider renting or buying exercise DVDs that are similar to group gym classes such as kick boxing or high impact dancing. You could also invest in a great pair of running shoes and take to running on your road or at your local park. You could also run on a track at your local public school or run up and down stairs for the best cardio workout.
To see results you will need to exercise at least four to five times a week doing at least 45 minutes of cardio. If you want quicker results consider adding strength training to your regime. You should start seeing results in about four weeks.
If you want to see results faster than four weeks you will need to alter your diet as well. Simply exercising is half the battle for permanent and fast weight loss. Many diet programs only set you up to fail, that is why as a personal trainer I recommend a program that is easy and fail proof such as The Day Off Diet.

Aww your welcome, I remember when I was at Uni and we had an ex olympic coach teach us swimming I've never sweated so much in water. Ha ha great work out easy on joints.

Anyway glad it's worked for you hun and I hope you get those fibroids sorted. Remember the gynae can sort them out for you. X

Thank you, they are just letting me get on with it for now but I'm sure that if they start causing me too much pain they will help me out. Coping really well and doing lots of walking along with the swimming so everything is looking up. Thanks again for helping.

Does anyone have any good aerobic exercises that can be done if you have fibroids?
I suffer with awful pain if I do jogging or jumping jacks etc. Any tips would be great. :)
Thanks.

Have you tried using a crosstrainer instead of a treadmill (if you're in the gym obviously!)? It's much lower impact. I suffer from endometriosis but thankfully it only causes me pain when I'm running just before my period's due. I've always found that the crosstrainer helps then.

Have you tried using a crosstrainer instead of a treadmill (if you're in the gym obviously!)? It's much lower impact. I suffer from endometriosis but thankfully it only causes me pain when I'm running just before my period's due. I've always found that the crosstrainer helps then.
Thanks Dominoes, unfortunately I can't afford the gym at the moment but hope to very soon. Just doing a modified version of my fitness video, swimming & walking at the moment and it seems to be working and doesn't aggravate the fibroids, so I'm fairly happy. Good luck with your fundraising, anyone with endometriosis will be grateful. Take care.

Thanks Dominoes, unfortunately I can't afford the gym at the moment but hope to very soon. Just doing a modified version of my fitness video, swimming & walking at the moment and it seems to be working and doesn't aggravate the fibroids, so I'm fairly happy. Good luck with your fundraising, anyone with endometriosis will be grateful. Take care.

Glad you've found something that works for you! Fibroids, endo and pcos are such a pain!

Thanks for the well wishes - it's a really great charity and completely underfunded because it's such an unknown disease. They provide loads of info on diagnosis etc and run amazing support groups too. I'll definitely be begging for donations nearer the time! ;)

Back