Exploding Tetra!

blimey, ive got 20 choc tetras sat on my kitchen side, eeeeek
what if they all explode we would have to move house:eek:

blimey, ive got 20 choc tetras sat on my kitchen side, eeeeek
what if they all explode we would have to move house:eek:

LOL. Imagine the danger all us CDCs are in, dozens of the darn things, sitting around like unexploded bombs, I could take out half the street in one big chocolate, banana explosion :p

I had a very blown up CV a couple of weeks ago and I quickly wrapped in a plastic bag and put it in the dustbin.

Last week I opened a new box of 2 trays and the top one was in a real mess. One of the Banana Bliss cartons had already exploded and had covered the whole tray inside the polythene outer. The smell was horrendous! When I told the order line the girl told me to wash the tetras as they could not give me a whole new tray just because one had exploded. I tried washing the other cartons but they still smelt awful. I could not sell them to clients they were too disgusting. When I tried one of them myself I thought it tasted awful so I binned the lot. Anyway after I spoke to someone else at HO I was told that I would get a free tray next time I ordered.

I could not help laughing at the vision of you dripping in chocolate velvet. That might have been me a couple of weeks ago.

I had a very blown up CV a couple of weeks ago and I quickly wrapped in a plastic bag and put it in the dustbin.

Last week I opened a new box of 2 trays and the top one was in a real mess. One of the Banana Bliss cartons had already exploded and had covered the whole tray inside the polythene outer. The smell was horrendous! When I told the order line the girl told me to wash the tetras as they could not give me a whole new tray just because one had exploded. I tried washing the other cartons but they still smelt awful. I could not sell them to clients they were too disgusting. When I tried one of them myself I thought it tasted awful so I binned the lot. Anyway after I spoke to someone else at HO I was told that I would get a free tray next time I ordered.

I could not help laughing at the vision of you dripping in chocolate velvet. That might have been me a couple of weeks ago.

Ewww - smelly Banana Bliss has to be worse than dripping with Choc Velvet. Glad you got a free tray though.

The saga continues!!!

I've just had an exploding choccie one!!!:eek:

After thinking very smugly to myself...hehe...I've never had an exploding one..I go and get myself one. Oh dear.....:confused:

Oh no - I think it's catching.

There's a nasty case of exploding tetras spreading across the land :p

Hee hee you are making me larff tonight MD

Glad to hear it Sonkie, you should burn off a few more calories laughing too :D

Hi,

The reason this happens is not that there is anything wrong with the product. Its due to the handling. If a case is dropped the pressure often splits the bottom seam of the carton just a tiny bit enough for air to get in. This in turn make the product curdle and ferment and hey presto choccybombs.

The best and tried and trusted method of dealing with these is pick them up really carefully and gently put in kitchen sink. Cover with either teatowel or paper towel then put your hand under the towel armed with a sharp knife then poke two slits in the pack this releases the pressure then you can squirt the rest down the sink or spoon it down if its turned to cheese:eek:

Let CD know asap and they will replace the offending cartons when you next order.

If you have a largest stock of tetras its always worth checking these for timebombs rather than leaving them packed in the cartons.

:hide:

Hi,

The reason this happens is not that there is anything wrong with the product. Its due to the handling. If a case is dropped the pressure often splits the bottom seam of the carton just a tiny bit enough for air to get in. This in turn make the product curdle and ferment and hey presto choccybombs.

The best and tried and trusted method of dealing with these is pick them up really carefully and gently put in kitchen sink. Cover with either teatowel or paper towel then put your hand under the towel armed with a sharp knife then poke two slits in the pack this releases the pressure then you can squirt the rest down the sink or spoon it down if its turned to cheese:eek:

Let CD know asap and they will replace the offending cartons when you next order.

If you have a largest stock of tetras its always worth checking these for timebombs rather than leaving them packed in the cartons.

:hide:

Thanks for that, interesting to know the reason why too, i can well believe it's due to the boxes being dropped, the state some of my boxes arrive in, I don't feel like they've been handled with too much TLC :rolleyes:

At least I'll know what to do next time :)

Back