Exsessive sagging skin

Hi, has anyone who has lost alot of weight had the problem of loose skin, sagging, I have about 7-9 stone to lose so I am expecting sagging skin is there a way to stop this or remedies, it will so dishearting to lose all that weight than have to try save to have surgery to remove the skin xx

Hi

I also have 7 stone to lose and worry about this - from the advice I have seen the best thing to do is drink your recommended water and do toning exercises to improve the look of the skin.

I have seen people mention firming creams but not sure if these work ... to be honest I will defiantely consider a boob job if needed after this! xx

I've put some of the weight back on now but a couple of years ago I lost 4 and a half stone (from 16st 6lbs to 12st 1lb) and I had some loose skin on my tummy. I'm back up to 14st 5lb now and on a mission to shed the weight again but the prospect of the loose skin doesn’t really phase me.

Although eventually I’d love to be able to afford surgery to give me a better bod, in the mean time a good pair of Bridget Jones pants really can hide a multitude of sins. At 12 stone and with loose skin I could still wear slinky dresses and figure hugging everything without a care in the world – of course I would much prefer to be able to go without the big knickers (they’re not exactly sexy..!) but – for now – as long as I look good on the outside, no one needs to know what’s going on underneath ;)

I would suggest you invest in a good pair and stop fretting – you’re going to look fit and fab! Focus on the short term – once you’ve got the weight off you’ll be too busy enjoying it to be worrying about surgery just yet!

Best of luck :) xx

P.S. MY DIARY if you ever fancy a gander > http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/258343-if-first-you-dont-succeed-my-big-fat-diary.html

Thats true hun, I was just be happy to be slim again, my fella loves me now and some loose skin wont phase him, I just dont want lose of sagging skin on my arms and that were my bat wings are but im gonna use light weights at gym and do plenty of reps xx

If you have a lot of weight to loose and you want to minimise loose skin unfortunately the only way to avoid most of it is slow weight loss. I started at 342lbs and I used LT to get a kick start. I'm male and at that weight even if I eat 1950 calories a day I'll still loose 1-2 lbs a week even with no exercise. It's hard for our bodies to maintain heavy weights. My new diet includes a lot of strength training and I've lost the same inches off my waist in the past week as I've lost on LT for a month. Yet I've only gone down 1lb and a bit. So in my opinion, slow loss and weight training will help keep form. My weight isn't going down as fast as it should according to my food intake, but that's because of muscle gain which is twice the weight of fat. But some parts are indeed getting firmer yet smaller.
Don't worry about doing too much weights as a woman, you won't have enough testosterone to end up looking like a body builder or anything.

I believe it takes about 6 months to catch up with you fully after weight loss.... So toning exercises.... And i Use the clarins extra firming body cream which was recomended to me and it seems to be working!!!

x

Back