Extra Easy: Danielle's SW Journey

I'm backkk!

I am VERY behind so I do apologise! I've had a hectic and stressful few days to say the least so I've not had much time to myself until now! I have a few diaries to catch up on so here goes:

Sunday

Breakfast: Bacon sandwich (HEXB + 4 syns because I used 800g wholemeal slices) with Flora light spread (0.5 syn) and ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch: Busy day shopping with mum so just a packet of cheese and onion French Fries (4 syns)
Tea: I made an absolutely unbelievable shepherd's pie (even if I do say so myself ;)) which I think was about 3 syns for my portion (roughly)

Total: 12.5 syns & a trip to the gym

Monday

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)
Lunch: Tuna and rocket salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsp. light mayo (4 syns), packet of salt and vinegar French Fries (4 syns), 2 Shape 0% yoghurts (apple crumble and rhubarb crumble - 0.5 syn each) and a banana
Tea: Steak and air fried chips (0 syns as I used FryLight) and a blob of ketchup (1 syn)

Total: 10 syns & a trip to the gym

Tuesday

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)
Lunch: Sainsbury's tinned ravioli in tomato sauce (FREE) with 1 800g slice of wholemeal toast (4 syns) with Flora light (0.5 syn) and 2 Shape 0% yoghurts (apple crumble and rhubarb crumble - 0.5 syn each)
Tea: Aldi hunter's chicken (3.5 syns) with new potatoes (0.5 syn for some butter) and salad

Total: 9.5 syns & a trip to the gym

Wednesday (this is where I fell apart - but I don't even care at this point)

Breakfast: I forgot to take my Alpen bars to work with me so I just had a Shape 0% yoghurt.
Lunch: I also forgot to take my bank card to work with me and had minimal change in my purse so spent 45 minutes of my 1 hour lunch break going home to get it, therefore needing to let the dog out for a wee, then driving back to work to go to the nearby sandwich shop for a jacket potato with cheese (HEXA) and beans, and I had just had enough at this point so I bought a piece of millionaire shortbread, which actually turned out to not be very nice, so I think that was where karma slapped me in the face (needless to say I ate it anyway because I paid 70p for it haha)
Snack: I had a banana when I got home from work as I was going to a body tone class and was starving so needed the energy
Tea: Another disaster to be honest... I asked Dad to start my tea for me ready for when I got home, and forgot to ask him to cook my chips with FryLight instead of oil, so god knows how many syns worth of oil he used with him only cooking one portion. I also had Aldi Caesar style chicken (3.5 syns) which comes in a pack of two... and I ended up eating both, with a big dollop of ketchup too (1 syn)

Total: Countless syns & a body tone class

I know I've been bad today but after the few days I've had I really couldn't care less at the moment... Plus I've had a headache since Sunday night that I just can't shift so that makes you feel a bit rubbish as well. Hopefully I'll be back on top form tomorrow! I would be more worried had I not been to the gym every day this week, but I've worked hard so it's not all bad.

I'm off to sleep now just so I don't have to deal with this headache anymore today. Good night all! xxx

Hey Danielle :) just managed to catch up on your diary. Don't worry about the blip hun, you've been exercising so I'm sure it will all level out. Your food diary the rest of the week has been really good. I've got my fingers crossed for a loss for you this week hun. Hope your having a lovely day :p.

Kay xx

Thanks for the support girls! My headache definitely eased off today so I've been feeling much better :happy036:

Today's diary is a lot better, although I did indulge in more chocolate! :17729: keeping within my syns of course! ;)

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar (HEXB)
Lunch: Jacket potato with cheese (HEXA + 2 syns as the sandwich shop lady put quite a lot on it!) and beans, and a Crunchie :p (9.5 syns)
Tea: Spaghetti hoops on an 800g slice of wholemeal toast (HEXB plus 2 syns to be on the safe side - I don't know the exact amount)

Total: 13.5 syns & a trip to the gym

My thighs are very sore after the gym tonight, which can only be a good thing! I am finding that when I get home from the gym, although my tummy is rumbling, I physically am not too concerned with eating. Of course I do, but if I didn't it wouldn't really bother me! I'm lying in bed now with a groaning stomach after my unsubstantial tea, yet I really don't want anything to eat at the moment. It's very strange! But I suppose it's good... At least the gym is suppressing my need to pig out!

Does anyone else find they have this problem? xx

Morning Danielle :) I hope you feeling better this morning hun. I remember when I restarted the gym, the first week my body was aching all over . Then slowly it started to get better with time. It's ment to be a good sign they say. Hopefully you will start to feel better. At least you know all the effort you are putting in, is really going to boost those loses ! :D I hope you have another fantastic loss this week hun ! :)

Kay xx

Hi honey you are doing great.... anyone can have a blip when stressed.... and your exercise is going so well.... good luck with your next weigh in... I am sure you will get a fantastic result xx

Not such a fantastic result at Saturday's weigh in - after about 10 go's on the scales just to be sure, I had to deal with the realisation that I gained the 2lbs I lost the week before :cry:

Gutted - it really put a downer on my day. I know I cheated but I went to the gym every single day and my syns on the other days were fine! I have come to a couple of conclusions - one being that my leg muscles have been feeling very tight so perhaps the weight is from muscle growth. Also, even when I keep within my allowance, from past experience I've noticed I tend to gain weight when I eat cheese, more so when I go to the sandwich shop near work! So I'm going to cut cheese out completely as I don't think it agrees with me.

I really don't think my week warranted a 2lb gain, but onwards and upwards! I think I've shrunk in size anyway so it's not so bad. I wore a blazer on Saturday night that my OH bought for me 2 Christmases ago in a size 10! I wish! He bought me a dress too in size 10 but I haven't tried that yet. It's the first time I've been able to wear the blazer since he gave it to me and it's not been unbearably tight. It was still pinching a little under the arms but it didn't look tight and I wasn't uncomfortable. I purposely didn't exchange them for bigger sizes in the hope that one day I would fit into them. And now I do! The blazer anyway...

I'll update you on my food diary later on xxx

You need a tape measure to keep track of you fabulous inch losses xx

Absolutely Lindsey! :D

Okay so yesterday's diary is as follows:

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar
Lunch: Co-op chicken and bacon salad (5 syns worth), then slices of ham with pickled onions and 1 tbsp. branston pickle (1 syn)
Tea: Aldi lamb shank (3.5 syns) with sliced potatoes air fried (2 syns), Aunt Bessie's carrot and swede mash (0.5 syn) and peas

Total: 12 syns & a trip to the gym

Today's diary:

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar and a punnet of frozen grapes throughout the morning
Lunch: Asda ham and egg salad with fat free hellmanns vinaigrette, then extra ham with 1 tbsp. branston pickle (1 syn) Then 1 pack of Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)
Tea: Steak with fried onions and mushrooms (in fry light) with air fried chips (2 syns) and a blob of ketchup (1 syn)

Also just made a Nutella bread pudding from a recipe on mins - just waiting for it to cool before I taste! (4 syns)

Total: 14 syns (no gym today)

:wow:

My Nutella bread pudding was absolutely unbelievable! I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did, and I really can't describe the consistency but it was so chocolatey and yummy! I struggled to finish it because it was quite sickly but I forced it down haha! It felt like such a naughty dessert! It was well worth 4 syns, part of HEXB and HEXA! Credit goes to http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...wise-biscuit-cake-dessert-sweets-recipes.html by Kwise1 :D

:wow:

My Nutella bread pudding was absolutely unbelievable! I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did, and I really can't describe the consistency but it was so chocolatey and yummy! I struggled to finish it because it was quite sickly but I forced it down haha! It felt like such a naughty dessert! It was well worth 4 syns, part of HEXB and HEXA! Credit goes to http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...wise-biscuit-cake-dessert-sweets-recipes.html by Kwise1 :D

Morning Danielle :) wow thanks for sharing the link hun, the desserts look brill ! I've bookmarked the page for future reference :p, might be trying some of those later. Your chocolate bread pudding sounds so indulgent, yummy ! :D Bet you really enjoyed that . I love looking at food pics on here and sharing recipes. I hope your having a fab morning hun !

Kay xx

It's a fab link isn't it Kay! I've added a few of the recipes to my collection for future testing hehe! I'm very tempted to stock up on more Nutella, as I'm scraping the bottom of my current jar, and make some more pudding tonight! :p

Had an okay morning thank you! Another boring salad lunch but hey, when you don't have a microwave or a toaster at work you're a bit restricted. Thank God I start a new job in a few weeks - I made sure they had both! :happy036:

Hope you've had a fab morning too! I'll be heading over to your diary shortly for a good catch up :) xx

As mentioned above, I am extremely restricted lunch-wise at the moment as all I have at work is a kettle and a tiny fridge :( but luckily I start a new job in a few weeks where I will have a microwave and toaster so I'm planning ahead to make sure I'm well prepared with lots of yummy lunch ideas! Lunch is my most important meal of the day because if I don't have a satisfying lunch - both tasty and filling - then I can't concentrate for the rest of the afternoon.

I had been jotting down a few ideas and I recently came across an article about the effects of microwave cooking and how some people believe it is bad for your health, and how this isn't really the case! Also, many families who rely on things like benefits and food banks really struggle when they are given meals to cook in the oven, yet they can't afford to own one! But the majority of families in the UK have at least one microwave in their homes (why you would need more than one I'm not sure - perhaps someone who does could enlighten me? Am I missing out on something?) So there is a website for Microwave Association UK that I've found that has loads of ideas for microwave meals made from scratch! Risottos, cakes, curries, casseroles, the list is endless! This will be an absolute life saver for me so I'm sure others will appreciate it too. The link is below:

Microwave Association UK Recipes

If anyone tries anything from the site, let me know how you get on! :D xxx

Hey Danielle, congrats on the new job :p ! Really happy for you. At least you'll enjoy your work lunches more at the new place. I worry about having a jar of nutella in my house, incase I start living in it ! :D I can't be trusted. However I have recently bought a bottle of choc shot which is amazing to drizzle on desserts. It's only 2 syns for 1 tbsp. and has a very rich chocolate flavour so you don't need to much. Since buying it I am in choc heaven ! :p Well done on sourcing the link to the microwave association, I will check it out, that's really handy to have, thanks for that :). I was thinking if you have a kettle at work, what about mugshots for lunch ? Also if they don't have a micro you could buy a food flask which would keep your food warm for you ? But I guess you will be leaving soon anyway. I hope you have a fab day on plan today hun !

Kay xx

Hey Danielle, congrats on the new job :p ! Really happy for you. At least you'll enjoy your work lunches more at the new place. I worry about having a jar of nutella in my house, incase I start living in it ! :D I can't be trusted. However I have recently bought a bottle of choc shot which is amazing to drizzle on desserts. It's only 2 syns for 1 tbsp. and has a very rich chocolate flavour so you don't need to much. Since buying it I am in choc heaven ! :p Well done on sourcing the link to the microwave association, I will check it out, that's really handy to have, thanks for that :). I was thinking if you have a kettle at work, what about mugshots for lunch ? Also if they don't have a micro you could buy a food flask which would keep your food warm for you ? But I guess you will be leaving soon anyway. I hope you have a fab day on plan today hun !

Kay xx

I'm not really a fan of mug shots to be honest - probably the only SWer that isn't! I do have a food flask that I used to use, but it doesn't keep my food warm for very long at all. I meant to invest in a more expensive one a while ago and never got round to it, but I guess I don't need to now! I used to have the Tesco Everyday Value pot noodles that were about 5.5 syns each, which were lovely but I begrudge using the syns on something so small that won't really fill me up.

Wow choc shot sounds amazing :p:p I know what you mean about Nutella being so addictive, I'm surprised at how well I've done to not devour the whole jar. I don't drink hot drinks or anything so I keep mine in the tea/coffee cupboard so I forget about it :rolleyes:

Not sure what's for tea tonight but I've had 7 syns today so far so I'm doing okay... Think it'll be lamb steaks with potatoes of some description! I jotted down some of your indian recipes yesterday so we'll be trying them out soon! Mum is super excited about the Bombay potatoes! :D I'll let you know how I get on xxx

I wish I had the same will power for the nutella, I love the stuff ! :p Hope you enjoy making the curries, the Bombay potatoes are gorgeous, I'm sure they will be a hit with your family :) . Your lucky you still have 7 syns left for the rest of the day, hope you enjoy your tea later. Will pop back to see how you got on.

Kay xx

OMG funniest thing happened yesterday that left me baffled! Got an envelope in the post yesterday that contained just one strawberry Maoam sweet and a compliment slip from something called Sweets for Free, that said enjoy your free sweet! I don't remember subscribing to anything so I don't know how this happened! Mum said maybe someone has done it on purpose because they know I'm on a diet, however if that is the case then this person certainly doesn't know me very well as I don't eat sweets!! Jokes on you whoever you are :p:p

Just thought I'd share :) xxx

Back