Extra Easy, Green or Original?

shelleylovesjelly

So, it's weigh in tonight and I haven't followed the plan aaaaaall week (although I haven't eaten anything really bad), so I'm not expecting anything great tonight at all.

When I first joined I was told to start off doing Extra Easy, but I was just wondering, have people stuck to extra easy, those who are relatively new, how long did you stay doing extra easy before giving green and original a go?

hi there, i seem to be finding extra easy extra difficult lol. dunno why and i had a go at red day. tbh i am still finding it a bit hard to get my head around the whole thing, joined 2 weeks ago. wi this evening, eek! sorry i'm not much help lol.

I think it takes about a month to properly get your head around it. Read book properly several times through. It's a whole new way of eating and thinking about food, so it's going to take time. Lots of people make mistakes to start with, like this lady at group last night, who was complaining that she'd gained weight when she'd been really good and eaten stuff like chestnut roast. We're all like "chestnuts are really high in syns". "are they?" she said.

I'm veggie so only ever done green. I find it super easy, as long as I plan. Planning is key

i have been doing mostly green days, filling up on lots of pasta or potatoes and have been having a steady loss

I guess it comes down to what suits you and fits in with your lifestyle and will also stop you from getting bored.

I mainly do EE on a weekend and the odd day during the week I I'm staying in a hotel. The rest of the time I do red

I prefer red, as i tend to go a bit pasta bonkers on EE/Green. If i dont plan my red days properly though i end up having to switch to EE or green as i have not got any red lunches!!!! gah!

I love SW though - and Red suits me best (Original days) xxx

I did EE all the way down until the last month or two, when the weight just didn't want to shift as much as I'd like, then I added some green and red days into my week, which seemed to be the shake up I needed. I still do them fairly often now, but that's mainly for the extra healthy extras... and when I'm drifting a bit too near top of target!

I think it's one of those things that you have to find what works for you - some people struggle with EE because it really isn't very restrictive, and they find that red/green work better because they remind you to think more about what you're putting in your mouth :)

Hope this helps!

i like red and green for the healthy extras. I find I eat a lot less on those plans because i can have the HEs.....for example, porridge + milk for breakfast, then a pot of beans on toast for lunch. So both my breakfast and lunch are well portion controlled, then I can spoil myself with a nice big bowl of pasta with my last hea of cheese...or maybe a nice fry up ;)

I think it takes about a month to properly get your head around it. Read book properly several times through. It's a whole new way of eating and thinking about food, so it's going to take time. Lots of people make mistakes to start with, like this lady at group last night, who was complaining that she'd gained weight when she'd been really good and eaten stuff like chestnut roast. We're all like "chestnuts are really high in syns". "are they?" she said.

I'm veggie so only ever done green. I find it super easy, as long as I plan. Planning is key

That is a real real bugbear of mine.... why on earth do people put stuff in their mouth without checking first >_> its the same in any diet, i've ate such n such is that ok.... well its a bloody bit too late if you've already eaten it :p

hannata said:
That is a real real bugbear of mine.... why on earth do people put stuff in their mouth without checking first >_> its the same in any diet, i've ate such n such is that ok.... well its a bloody bit too late if you've already eaten it :p

Lol so true! I don't get why anyone would think roasted nuts are free food. Even on whole food detox diets, nuts are a small proportion of the diet. Then they get miffy when they gain weight

I did EE but found my weight loss very slow and sluggish, so now I do a mixture of EE and red days. Really enjoy my red days

Lol so true! I don't get why anyone would think roasted nuts are free food. Even on whole food detox diets, nuts are a small proportion of the diet. Then they get miffy when they gain weight

yeah i know its mad - for example there are 24 calories in one single walnut - you could probably live on walnuts alone and still put on weight!! :p Regardless of what you think about food or calories or anything, you should be checking every single thing you put in your mouth on your first week! If you can't do the bloody diet right on the first week theres no bloody hope for ye :p

I did EE but found my weight loss very slow and sluggish, so now I do a mixture of EE and red days. Really enjoy my red days

I think I'd be the same, plus its nice to have red and green in every now and then for a change x

Back