Extra Easy: How do you cope with fresh bread?

haileyhaiz

Just been to Tesco in my lunch break and all I could smell was the yummiest fresh warm white bread ever?! That's what I'm going to miss the most I think while trying to loose weight!

So anyone got any tips on something else just as good? :-/ xx

I feel your pain. I love white bread and that is all there is to it. I hate brown bread and wholemeal bread, I think I'd rather eat a slice of cardboard :D so I've pretty much given up bread. Of course I suppose I could have it and syn it but there are about a million syns in thick white toast with 1/8" of butter on it (distant but fond memories.........)

I'm sorry that wasn't much help was it.

Haha I totally feel your pain!

I've not been too bad till today! Note to self don't go shopping instore anymore - online you can't smell the temptations :)

The one food I haven't been able to accommodate in any way on SW is thick white bread and butter. I have just learnt to live with my loss! There are no substitutes!

Yeah I know I can syn it but just seems kind of a waste as you can get so much more for them haha

I'll resist temptation for now but will cave one weekend for a yummy brekkie/lunch treat! ;)

A good but never perfect substitute are WW petit pain. You can have one as a heb and they are part baked white bread. I mix up some quark and garlic and spread that on before I bake and I have garlic bread

Someone once described bread as having the same ingredients as wall paper paste! Turned my stomach!

A good but never perfect substitute are WW petit pain. You can have one as a heb and they are part baked white bread. I mix up some quark and garlic and spread that on before I bake and I have garlic bread

This actually sounds amazing! I love garlic bread too haha have got the quark just need garlic and the petit pains (I know where I'm going in the morning) Thanks x

This actually sounds amazing! I love garlic bread too haha have got the quark just need garlic and the petit pains (I know where I'm going in the morning) Thanks x

That's okay don't know if I can take the credit, they did it with a whole meal roll in a magazine. Tried it and thought you know what this will be better with a WW petit pain. Hope you enjoy

I love thick white fresh bread but I know it does not like me, bit tmi to say why but I just try and stick to brown bread now lol!!

Xx

I have a bread maker and love freshly baked bread but since starting SW I've had to leave it in the spare room as I can't trust myself not to eat any I make.

I love white bread. It is definitely the thing I miss most on SW. I'm just trying not to think about it at the moment.

I'm in the same boat as you guys... since starting SW in January I have pretty much cut bread out entirely, because I can't have as much as I'd like I've gone for none at all... I've lost 2st 2 1/2lb so far...

I've recently started having a bit of bread as a treat if I have a good weigh in that week!.. Today was weigh in day, successful week with 2 1/4lb off, so for my lunch on saturday I'll have a crusty roll and I'll enjoy everyyyyyyyyy mouthful! :D

Back