1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: How do you cope with fresh bread?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by haileyhaiz, 14 February 2014 Social URL.

1. haileyhaiz

haileyhaiz Well-Known Member

Just been to Tesco in my lunch break and all I could smell was the yummiest fresh warm white bread ever?! That's what I'm going to miss the most I think while trying to loose weight!

So anyone got any tips on something else just as good? :-/ xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Jeanne Von Buttonpopper

Jeanne Von Buttonpopper Reformed biscuit dunker

I feel your pain. I love white bread and that is all there is to it. I hate brown bread and wholemeal bread, I think I'd rather eat a slice of cardboard :D so I've pretty much given up bread. Of course I suppose I could have it and syn it but there are about a million syns in thick white toast with 1/8" of butter on it (distant but fond memories.........)

I'm sorry that wasn't much help was it.

4. haileyhaiz

Haha I totally feel your pain!

I've not been too bad till today! Note to self don't go shopping instore anymore - online you can't smell the temptations :)

5. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

The one food I haven't been able to accommodate in any way on SW is thick white bread and butter. I have just learnt to live with my loss! There are no substitutes!

6. I have it as an occasional treat and syn it. That's what syns are for!

7. haileyhaiz

Yeah I know I can syn it but just seems kind of a waste as you can get so much more for them haha

I'll resist temptation for now but will cave one weekend for a yummy brekkie/lunch treat! ;)

8. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

A good but never perfect substitute are WW petit pain. You can have one as a heb and they are part baked white bread. I mix up some quark and garlic and spread that on before I bake and I have garlic bread

9. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

What a fab idea!!

10. Mrs CC

Mrs CC Well-Known Member

Someone once described bread as having the same ingredients as wall paper paste! Turned my stomach!

11. haileyhaiz

This actually sounds amazing! I love garlic bread too haha have got the quark just need garlic and the petit pains (I know where I'm going in the morning) Thanks x

12. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Well-Known Member

I have 1 white baked bread item a week and just sin it. Its totally worth it for me :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

13. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

That's okay don't know if I can take the credit, they did it with a whole meal roll in a magazine. Tried it and thought you know what this will be better with a WW petit pain. Hope you enjoy

14. yoyo1986

yoyo1986 Well-Known Member

I love thick white fresh bread but I know it does not like me, bit tmi to say why but I just try and stick to brown bread now lol!!

Xx

15. GedlingRed

GedlingRed Member

I have a bread maker and love freshly baked bread but since starting SW I've had to leave it in the spare room as I can't trust myself not to eat any I make.

16. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Well-Known Member

I love white bread. It is definitely the thing I miss most on SW. I'm just trying not to think about it at the moment.

17. Amy_R

Amy_R Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you guys... since starting SW in January I have pretty much cut bread out entirely, because I can't have as much as I'd like I've gone for none at all... I've lost 2st 2 1/2lb so far...

I've recently started having a bit of bread as a treat if I have a good weigh in that week!.. Today was weigh in day, successful week with 2 1/4lb off, so for my lunch on saturday I'll have a crusty roll and I'll enjoy everyyyyyyyyy mouthful! :D