Extra Easy my way

ffynnon

Silver Member
Friday, 23 Sept

After a break of around 6 weeks, I am back in the groove, 7 pounds heavier than when I last posted. Have been to Lanzarote for a long awaited holiday, felt very relaxed and confident having lost 43 pounds in 16 weeks.
Now, I want to start a daily diary to spur me on to lose the rest of my weight.

I weigh in kg - starting weight is 84.2

breakfast
3 egg omelette
banana

lunch
bacon roll 6.5 syns with hp sauce 1 syn
sweet n sour mug shot
2 clementines

dinner
Homemade syn free shepherds pie
brussels sprouts
apples
grapes

Snacks
3 pumpkin seed & oat ryvita Hex b
3 laughing cow el triangles hex a
dash milk in 1 coffee, half tsp sugar 1 syn
1 morrisons marshmallow bar 5.5 syns (acording to syn calculator on SW website) far too sweet, won't have again

diet pepsi, water

total syns 14

Saturday 24 sept.

Ate a huge amount yesterday, scales have not budged this morning still 84.2kg

Breakfast
3 egg omelette
ham
banana
apple
golden syrup - 2 syns

lunch
sweet n sour mug shot
grapes
banana
nescafe capuccino + 1 sugar lump - 4.5 syns

Dinner
large jacket potato
carton baked beans
5 bacon medallions (morrisons Eatsmart)

Snacks
3 ryvita - hex b
3 lc triangles - hex a
1 tab branston pickle - 1 syn
cappucino with 1 sugar lump - 4.5 syns

total syns 12

have weighed 28 gr scotts porage oats which is now soaking in milk in the fridge ready for breakfast instead of using oats so simple golden syrup and waste syns (6.5). I will sweeten it with 1 tab golden syrup for 2 syns and see how i get on.

25th September

today's ramblings and menu

was looking forward to my porridge breakfast, and I was not dissapointed. After cooking the soaked oats for about 3 minutes in the microwave i drizzled in 1 tab of golden syrup. Yummm!!! even if a bit sweet. Next time I will only use half the amount of syrup.

breakfast
banana while waiting for the oats to cook
28gr porridge oats - hex b
250ml ss milk - hex a
1 tab golden syrup - 2 syns

Lunch
sweet n sour mug shot
ham & chopped tomatoes

dinner
lean pork chop
mashed potato
mushy peas
carrots
parsnip
1 tab apple sauce - 1 syn
syn free gravy (oxo cube, vegetable water, 2 - 3 tsp instant potato granules to thicken)

snacks.
apple
grapes
clementines
nescafe cappucino with 1 lump sugar - 4.5 syns

total syns 7.5

I rarely have pudding because i'm a savoury girl at heart, although i do like them. I'm not a big fan of synthetic sugars or fats so will always have sugar and butter rather than the splenda, lf spread options. I do use fry light tho for frying roasting etc.

I have a huge pan of Tomato and Puy lentil soup slowly simmering away. it is my syn free version of Tesco's Finest puy lentil & tomato soup that has 18 syns per pot. A quick scan of the ingredients showed that it had oil in, so i decided to experiment with the ingredients listed and make my own. The result is quite yummy, even if i do say so myself, really filling too.

26th September
looking forward to homemade soup for lunch..

breakfast
banana
omelette
capuccino with 1 lump sugar - 4.5 syns

lunch
large bowl tomato & puy lentil soup (pic below)
3 ryvita sunflower seed & oats - hex b
3 LC light triangles - hex a

dinner
fresh salmon steaks
peas
broad beans
potato
10gr butter - 3.5 syns

snacks
capuccino with 1 sugar 4.5
apple
grapes

total syns 12.5

i may have the other 2 lc triangles with 2 ryvita which will take me to 16.5 syns, see how i feel later.

homemade tomato & puy lentil soup - syn free

Attachments

• tomato.puy lentil soup.jpg
    tomato.puy lentil soup.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 88
27 September

well another good day to report.
did an extra shift at work and am about to start another, I will finish at 4am so hopefullt I can get through without going over my syn allowance.

breakfast

omelette
banana
capuccino 1 sugar - 4.5 syns

Lunch

synfree tomato & puy lentil soup
2 Ryvita - hex b
2 LC lights - hex a

i ran out of lc lights at lunchtime, but Tesco have now delivered and I've got 2 packs in fridge (BOGOF at tesco at the moment).

Dinner
home made syn free beef stew
parsnip and swede mash added on serving

Snacks
banana
grapes
2 ryvita sunflowwer and oat crispbreads - 4 syns
muller light coconut & dark choc yogurt.
capuccino

i will keep the ryvita, remaining lc lights and capuccino for a midnight snack during work.

total syns - 13

83.3 today - down .9 from Friday (2 pounds in old money).

I have looked back through my diary this morning to what I was 6 weeks ago and find to my delight that i had not gained 7 pounds at all - the gain was actually 1.8kg which is a smidgin under 4 pounds and now having lost 2 pounds in 5 days, there's only another 2 to go till i'm back to my August 10th weight. So pleased with that.
I have tried magic porridge today - jury is still out!

28th September

Finished work at 4am, was good and resisted having anything after midnight. Got up at 12.30 to have my magic porridge that had been doing it's magic in the fridge overnight. Gave it a few short blasts in the micro to take the chill off it before eating. I can't say that I would rave about it but it was ok. I might try a different flavour muller next time, the coconut one appeals. Today's one was made with vanilla muller light.

Breakfast
28gr oats - hex b
Muller light vanilla flavour.
banana.

Mid Afternoon
thick cut ham
beetroot

Dinner
lamb steak
potato
cabbage
carrots
parsnip
syn free gravy
S/F mint sauce

Snacks
mug shot sweet n sour
muller light vanilla n dark choc
capuccino with 1 sugar lump - 4.5 syns. x 2

haven't had hex a today yet
may have some cheese with an apple later, working till midnight so may need some sustenance

total syns 9

good morning readers

82.8 this morning! had to get on scale twice to confirm lol.
got a 12 hours shift today so a good cooked breakfast is called for, as i will not be able to get away from my pc to cook anything later. OH will have to cook dinner, got chicken planned, so i'll be able to throw that in the oven ready for him to finish off veggies etc.
i'll update my food diary later when i have a chance

snatching a couple of minutes from work to update my diary.

Breakfast
mushrooms
bacon
egg
tomatoes
a few sprays frylight
HP Sauce - 1 syn

Lunch
2 mug shots
3 ryvita - HEX A
3 LC light triangles - HEX B
banana

Dinner
chicken breast
SW chips
peas
apple

Snacks
banana
capuccino + 1 sugar lump - 4.5
syns

Total syns - 5.5

trying a vanilla & dark choc muller for my magic porridge tomorrow.
no work tomorrow either, looking forward to baby-sitting my grandaughter. She will be 2 on Sunday so need to keep some syns for a piece of cake.

end of week 1 and I have lost 1.4kg (3lbs 1oz). Pretty pleased with that, only need to lose another .4 to be where I was on August 10th. Hopefully by next Friday I will have achieved that and more.

Breakfast
magic porridge
28gr oats - hex b
muller light vanilla & dark choc
banana

lunch
syn free tomato & puy lentil soup

dinner
omelette
ham
tomato

Snacks
Costa capuccino - 8
1 sugar - 1 syn
250ml ss milk - hex a
mug shot - 0
grapes
apple

Week 1: 3lbs
Week 2:

Good morning readers! Another lovely day forecast - shame i won't be able to get out in it! but working from home does have its benefits - like being able to watch the rugby and work at same time lol.
will update food diary later - looking forward to the 1 syn corned beef pasties later

got a few minutes before my shift starts at midnight to update my diary. Its not been a good day syn wise - oh well, tomorrow is another day. will try to claw back some syns, but its my grandaughters birthday and i will have some cake. Haven't had any hex a.

breakfast
magic porridge
28gr oats - hex b
muller light coconut

lunch
corned beef pastie - 8 syns
This would normally be 1 syn, but as i have already had hexb i need to syn the pitta bread.
mug shot, sweet n sour - 0

dinner
another pastie 8 syns

late supper to see me through till 4am
omelette - 0

snacks
grapes
cappuccino with 1 sugar lump - 4.5 syns

total syns - 20.5

got totally off plan yesterday, but back to it today!!
will need careful planning again as i have a 12 hour shift beginning at 4pm, going to be really tired again tomorrow.
will update food later

Well i've been off plan for around 8 weeks and have paid the price. I restart today at 87.6 - what an silly sausage I have been!! All that hard work and now I'm back to where I was in July. My next day off plan will be December 15th when I attend a long planned Christmas 'do'. my food choices have been made so I will just have to plan the early part of my day carefully. then there are 10 days to Christmas.
I will set myself a target of 4.5kg (10 pounds).

breakfast
3 egg omelette
bacon
tomato

rest of my day....

lunch
'soup' made of 2 mug shots - really filling too

apple
3 LC light triangles

dinner
homemade shepherds pie made with lf minced beef, onion , carrot, swede and topped with potato.
mushy peas

apple

cappuccino - 3.5
butter - 3.5
2 candy canes (10gr each) - 4
cappuccino - 3.5

not a bad day considering I haven't done any food shopping yet this week.

Well done for getting back on track, good luck on your journey xxxxxxxxxx

Back