Extra Easy: My weekly promise - 1 new thing

Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta. I think they often use it instead of rice in risottos. The lemon sauce is one I got from Spanx, who got it from the little book of sauces I think. Here's the recipe:

Peking lemon sauce (4 syns)

Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon (I used the whole one, as I like it really lemony!)
275ml veg stock
1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated (I used a frozen cube, as I didn't have any fresh)
1tbsp sweetener
1level tbsp cornflour
salt and pepper (don't think I used any, only just noticed it!)

Place the lemon zest, juice, stock, garlic and ginger in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until the lemon zest has softened. Stir in the sweetener. Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with 1tbsp water and stir into the mixture. Heat gently, stirring continuously until thickened (only a couple of minutes in my case). Season to taste (if you want!) before serving.

well I didn't have my omelette but i did make pasta bake which Ive never made before was lovely hehe
my new thing from tomorrow is not to look at the scales until next weigh in in the slimming world class... going to be hard but ive promised now haha xx

As some will know im a creature of habit ( Fruit and Fibre with a banana EVERY morning for brekkie ) lol , and sometimes I get stuck in a rut wondering what to make for meals or have for snacks. So I am now making a promise to myself:

Once a week I will try something different to eat - does anyone else find this??? Feel free to join me in my quest and fear of the unknown :D

This week it will be porridge - not tried it for years

Are you still doing this Hun? I'd like to join in :) xxx

Not updated this for ages but good to revive the thread hun. Yes will try something new this week yours can be the basa lol

Not updated this for ages but good to revive the thread hun. Yes will try something new this week yours can be the basa lol

Its river cobbler I'll have you know ;) lol!!
I'm not having it this week though, saving it for the weekly challenge when I have to eat fish 4 times in a week.
My plan this week is to have more green and red days xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I remember this thread and loved it and although I'm on day 3 of my week I am going to .........

have something different for brekkie every day x

Well done Hun :)
I've been drinking more water this week too.
I've kept small bottles of water in the fridge and everytime I finish one I refill it and put it back in there xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive bought a loin of pork to cook this week, dont want to do just a roast so will look for a new recipe to use it up

This week i promise to try more red days as i've just tried my first one today and have really enjoyed it! Xx

Ive bought a loin of pork to cook this week, dont want to do just a roast so will look for a new recipe to use it up

I've got a good pork recipe you might like Hun xxx

Back